Thursday, June 7, 2007

MR.. I paid you how much to tell me this?!

Hey everyone! Thanks for sticking with me and for all the prayers about my MRI that I had on Monday. I went in last night for my results and my Dr. had gotten braces put on and I swear I was flashing back to the Doogie Howser series from my teen years. I could even hear the theme song... Do, do, do, do, do, do (Great now you have it stuck in your head too right?) (Don't pretend you aren't old enough to know what I'm talking about!!!) I mean seriously I'm expecting Vinnie to crawl through the window any minute. The Dr. already looked about 15 and the braces so didn't help inspire confidence!

So without further waiting he told me that everything on the MRI was normal. My blood pressure was normal, my cholesterol was normal(I brought it down 35 points by eating Raisin Bran every morning. I don't recommend it. LOL) My blood sugar was normal. My thyroid was normal. Everything was "NORMAL". (Whatever that means! I've never been normal in my life.) Of course he had to get that little dig in there about my weight. He said I'm healthy but he doesn't know HOW I'm so healthy. (Well bite me Doc!) I'm trying here. Well everything being normal doesn't explain why I can't remember anything and am exhausted all the time and am losing my hair and am seeing bright lights in my vision. His diagnosis? I'm stressed out.

Really? No kidding? Imagine that! Me stressed?! I had no idea!

I just paid you a small fortune to tell me everything I already knew. He then had the nerve to ask me why I was so stressed. Crazy man! Umm I have a 5 year old with ODD and ADHD, a 3 year old with Cerebral Palsey and an attitude problem and a 3 mo. old that I'm beginning to suspect has colic. Not to mention a husband with an Uncle Crab who visits all too often. (See previous post on that). Umm I'm not sure why I'm stressed. So his soloution? Put me on Ritalin. You know the ADHD med? I asked him if I had ADHD and he said " No but it might help you cope with the stress." Huh well sign me up then.... One problem? I'm breastfeeding and it passes through the milk. Basically he can't help me until I stop breastfeeding and I'm not stopping breastfeeding just to take meds. So that's out. So I'll just be stressed! He suggested that I "Come in after I finish breastfeeding." Lots of help Doc thanks a bunch.

I am extremly thankful that the MRI was normal though. I was REALLY worried about that. Thank you all so much for your prayers and thoughts. They really meant a lot. Okay so here comes your favorite part of my blog right? The pictures....

My inlaws just came back from Disney World and bought the girls matching Jasmine outfits. They love playing dress up and were really excited... Alexis jumped right into her costume Boys Ma Ivy and all and had a blast. Jordan on the other hand... Well when I went to put her costume on she started screaming like I was killing her. Apparently she's scared of the little coins on the top of the costume because they jingled and made noise. I spent 15 minutes convincing her that they were not evil death ray coins out to get her. I swear! And I felt so bad b/c my mother-in-law kept saying well maybe we should've bought her something else. I finally got it on her and of course she looked like a doll baby! They both looked so cute. If you didn't already know Jordan's middle name is Jasmine. So perfect! My cutie pie girls.

I've gotten several comments about DH giving me the baby to change his diaper. He does change diapers when he has to for the baby but he changes the 3 year old when I need him to. He's just a bit freaked out by how little the baby is right now. He's a really good Daddy. I swear! =0) It did take him a long time to get comfortable changing the 3 year old too.

And last but not least... Here's what happens when you are a little boy with a very bored big sister. Poor Brandon!





3 comments:

Mindy said...

So happy to hear that you're normal! Just do me a favor and tell Doogie that there are plenty of other meds he can try for 'stress' then going straight for something like Ritalin. I work in a Pharmacy I could give him a list. :) I hope summer brings you a little less stress. Mindy

Leah & Terry said...

Awww, sweetie welcome to the world of stress!! Join the club. I don't know about you but I find that third kid really threw a wrench in the schedule. MY house is total chaos. I went through some similar tests only to be told I am fine. I suffer back pain, dizziness, nausea, etc, etc, LOL. If you ever need to chat to relieve some stress, you know where to find me!!! Love the pics =)

Estee said...

I am so glad that everything is ok!!! How scary that must have been! I absolutely hate the fact that wherever I go- to get my hair cut, the dr. office, the post office- everyone that is working there is younger than I am! -sigh- I am getting old! :)
Just a random comment from me- my hair ALWAYS falls out 3 months after pregnancy. You know how they say that your hair looks fabulous during preg because you don't lose any hair, so it looks amazing (yeah right, mine always looks awful). But three months after I have the baby, my hair falls out like mad. I have be careful in the shower because I literally plug everything up because of all the hair. I know it's gross, but maybe that it what is going on with your hair. Maybe. Anyway, enough grossness from my direction! Have a great day!!!