Wednesday, June 20, 2007

TOOT!, Favorites, and Animals


First off I got some pretty doggone awesome news this morning. My scrapbook page was selected to go in the Basic Grey Gallery! Those of you who are fellow scrappers know how awesome this is! You can check out the link to it here. http://www.basicgrey.com/catalog/idea_gallery_info.php?idea_gallery_id=21311I'm a Basic Grey "designer". How awesome is that! It just rolls off of the tongue. Now I have to top this LO with another one. I'm working on one now about my childhood. Which is always a very difficult subject to me. But hey you scrap the good, the bad, and the ugly if you ask me. So being put in the gallery is called getting a TOOT for my non-scrapping buddies. (Yes I have buddies who don't scrap. Imagine that!)
Alexis is still off of her meds. She is so hyper she's beside herself and she's also being really really sassy. She actually has been cursing and talking back. We were having such a calm, nice summer. Jeez. It's only day two and I'm wondering how we are going to make it two weeks without meds. Seriously. She's so loud she keeps waking Brandon up and he's not getting enough sleep so he keeps screaming hysterically. Ugh!
I have been really upset lately with Ronnie's sister. She has a favorite out of all of my kids and isn't even shy about it. She takes Alexis everywhere and buys her things and does nothing for Jordan. Jordan is 3 and is big enough and well behaved enough to go places but she never invites her along or asks for Jordan to go in lieu of Alexis. This really upsets me because my step-father's family did the same thing to me. The other day she came and got Alexis brought her to the store and bought her a dress up outfit and then bought her ice cream on the way home. They walked in the door and she said well I guess you'd better save some ice cream for Jordan. It was all melted and nasty. It really upset me. Plus she hadn't gotten Jordan anything from the store. I wasn't upset about Brandon b/c he's too little to understand but I'm sure Jordan did. I don't know what to say because she is my babysitter. She's the one I rely on when things are insane, but how to tell her she's hurting Jordan's feelings? DH is upset about it too. This has been an ongoing situation that only seems to be getting worse.
Animals... Well Jordan has another new idea. Apparently we are all animals. (Some of us are acting more like animals than others around here.) She says she's a sea turtle, I'm a dolphin, Brandon and Daddy are sea lions, and Alexis is a chinchilla. Umm? A chinchilla? Where does a 3 year old get chinchilla from? And why is Alexis not a sea animal? These are the things I wonder. LOL I spend half the day wondering what is going through these kiddos heads. Oh and then I asked her what kind of animal Lady (the dog) was and she gives me this look and says a dog Mom. A smart aleck at 3. Jeez.

6 comments:

Jane said...

WTG!! on the Basic Grey!!! Whoohoo!!!Looks like your summer is going to be a busy one!!!

Leah & Terry said...

WOW!!! Toot toot for you!! You deserve it!!!!

Mindy said...

Congrats on the Basic Grey gallery!! That's very cool.

Adriann said...

Congratulations for the feature!!!! You go girl!!!! I hope Alexis won't drive you crazy this summer being off her meds. I'm not familiar with ADHD, but was thinking that behaviour modification therapy would be helpful in leiu of the meds. Sounds like you may need a psychologist instead of a psychiatrist. It might help...

Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

Blessings,
Adriann

Estee said...

YAY!! Congrats on the BG! Sorry that you have a family member who plays favorites. I have one of those too. My MIL likes my SIL's kids, not mine. It is so annoying and frustrating.
How is Brandon? Is he feeling better? You asked about the pyloric muscle... Paizlee had surgery when she was 5 weeks old because of Pyloric Stenosis. It was awful! She just kept throwing everything up and the pediatrician kept telling me, "all babies spit up." I finally went to the ER and they did the surgery immediately. It was awful and very scary. It is terrible when they are sick and we can't help. Anyway, as I go on and on. I hope that all is well with you! (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!!! I love it.