Thursday, July 12, 2007

More medicine and Dr. appointments!


Good news! I am officially on the creative team at laura18k.com! Whoo hoo! To the left is my first LO I did for her.


This morning Brandon woke up at 5am! I was supposed to get to sleep until 6! Oh well such is life I guess. Yesterday he had his ultrasound of his little icky bellybutton. The poor little man! Thank goodness it's not hurting him. Because they sure are taking their sweet time figuring out what's going on! During the ultrasound yesterday they called the radiologist to read it while it was being done because his problem is so unusual. He says he doesn't see a pocket of infection or anything like that. They suspect that his bellybutton and his bladder may be connected. This would require surgery to fix. Today i go to his pediatrician in a little while to get his 4 mo. shots and the results of the ultrasound and hear what we do from here.


I also went to the dentist yesterday. It was the first time I've gone anywhere by myself since the baby was born and it felt weird! Turns out I have to get two teeth pulled. Yay me! So not fun. And the Dr. asked me how long I plan to breastfeed (because I have to be put to sleep for the surgery and will have to not breastfeed for 24 hours) and I said until he's a year old. He made this sarcastic comment and said "Yeah right I give it 6 mos. You'll give up when he gets teeth! This was the first time I'd ever met this man. How rude! The only reason I'm getting the surgery (which will cost me 800 dollars ACK!) through him is that he has a great reputation as a good oral surgeon.


Today we had a psychiatrist's appointment for Alexis. She has been sooo very hyper. One day this week was circle day. She spun in circles for hours. Everywhere she went she was spinning. And she wasn't still when she fell down. She figeted until she could get up and spin some more. She's in the manic phase of the bi-polar mostly. If we tell her no though she goes into a huge fit. We are walking on eggshells. I called the mental health unit in our area to see about getting her some additional therapy. Something. So I told the Dr. everything that was going on and he suggested that we put her back on the Adderall for a while b/c the hallucinations could've been from her being bipolar and not a side effect from the Adderall. So she's back on it and we are supposed to watch for hallucinations. Jeez.


Journalling prompt: Do you like to travel? Where have you been?


I love to travel. I don't love the travelling part. I love when we get there and the fun starts! I've been to Little Rock, Arkansas.... Pigeon Forge, TN... St. Louis, Missouri... The Cayman Islands, Cozumel, Mexico... Jamaica... and Disney World twice... Gulfport AL... Mississipi... Florida... Talladega, AL... North Louisiana. All over the place. I'd like to travel more when the kids are older. Right now they aren't exactly travel friendly. LOL


Hugs,

Heather


P.S. Leave me a comment and tell me how pretty I am today! LOL

3 comments:

Lynn/annasmom said...

Congrats on the team post and my sympathy on the rest!

Jane said...

your gorgeous today Heather!!!LOL!!
Man I hope that belly button thing gets worked out!!! that sounds yukky. Glad to hear your daughter is back on her meds...maybe you can have some normalcy for a bit!!
Good luck with the teeth!! and as far as his comment about breast feeding goes...HE'S a man..what else can you expect??!

Adriann said...

Hey Pretty Lady!

Congratulations!!! You are an awesome designer! I can't wait to see the great LO's you design as CT member.

Our society is so down on breastfeeding... What's up with that? People really thought I was looney tunes because I breastfed until DS was 2 and I don't regret any of it. People need to lighten up. Breast were designed for babies, and not for men to ogle over and not for women to get fake ones... Argh!!!!!! I digress...

I love to travel. My last job gave me the opportunity to travl all over this country. I soon burned out and quit, dropped out, and moved to Alabama. Since then, I still try to go back home at least every other year and I want to expose ds to other places so we travel at least once a year. Even if it is regionally.

Hope the Adderall works! I am continuing to lift you guys in prayer. You are such a wonderful and caring mama and God is not going to give you too much to handle.

Blessings!

Adriann
xoxo