Tuesday, July 3, 2007

New Digi Scrap Page and Journalling Prompt


This past weekend was pretty quiet. Ronnie cut the grass. We ALL went swimming in the kiddie pool. The kids found that hilarious. Brandon and I made a quick appearance at a friend's birthday party, and I cleaned up around the house. I also went jogging again with Alexis. She did much better this time. She didn't even fuss once. I think she was glad to get out of the house just her and I without all of the other kids. I know it was nice for me. Brandon's bellybutton saga continues... it looks like there's more pus so we'll bee heading BACK to the doctor. Yay! I hate going to the Dr! Have I mentioned yet that August 10th school starts?! Only 50 times right? I need some peace! I made a new scrapbook page about Jordan's birthday. It's a digital layout. I'm learning so much from all of these tutorials from the web.
Alexis has been very interested in breasts lately. I guess it's because I'm breastfeeding the baby. She keeps lifting her shirt and checking if hers are growing. Anyway I got the giggles so bad the other day when she lifted her shirt and pointed to them and said. "Hey Mom my these are growing!" Your "these"? I realized then that I'd never given her the proper name to call them. I explained that they were called breasts but it appears to be too late. Every time she talks about them she calls them her "these". And the best part... was the other day when she lifted up her shirt in the middle of Applebees at dinner with her grandparents and Aunt and announced to the entire restaurant that someday she was going to have "these" like her Mommy's. Ahhh the joys of motherhood!
Today's journalling question........ In honor of the Fourth of July... Are you patriotic? What makes you feel the most pride about your country?
I can say I'm patriotic. I get all choked up when I hear the Star Spangled Banner sung before the NASCAR races. (Told ya I'm a redneck!) I love the awesomeness of the Fourth of July with bar-b-ques and fireworks. What makes me feel the most pride is when I think of all the servicemen and women in Iraq serving their country. I have a great friend I met on sb.com who is deployed right now and writing on her blog about the war. Her husband is home taking care of her daughter and she just had a near miss. Her tent was hit by a mortar and one of the guys she was sitting next to was SERIOUSLY injured. Whether you agree with the war or not these people are out there on the front lines serving us. Because they were ordered to. I will never understand how protesters can harass soldiers. It's awful! So while you celebrate tomorrow PLEASE don't forget to say a prayer of thanks that you are free to celebrate! And pray for our troops. They need all the prayers they can get.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Awesome!! I feel the same...well it might have something to do with my DH being in the service but if it wasn't for these service people we would not have the freedoms that we have period!! Have a great 4th Heather!!

Adriann said...

My "these" is not so bad. What about Brandon when he gets older? I nursed William until he was two and his nickname for them was "Nee Nee's." He still calls breast that.

I think it's cute... Hope you had a great 4th!

Adriann
xoxo

Mindy said...

I don't think 'these' are to bad either. My 5 y/o nephew likes to call them "BOOBIES" at the top of his lungs. I blame his 8 y/o sister with that one. He always has to yell "BOOBIES" He's such a boy!!!!

I do feel patriotic as well. My father sereved in the military until the day he died at 40 y/o. He was actually on his 2 weeks active duty when he died of a heart attack. My bother was in the military. My BIL served in both gulf wars. So, feel a great pride in our nation and wish that things were in better shape than they are today.