Thursday, July 26, 2007

Pull your self up by your boot straps and keep walking.

So I've been whiny lately. I know. I've decided today I am going to count my blessings to remind myself why it's such a good thing to be me.

Blessing number One: Ronnie... He can be a HUGE ENORMOUS PAIN IN THE BUTT, but He's a really excellent Daddy. He takes very good care of us. He works really hard to get us everything we need and he really has been God's gift to me. Not many people know that I prayed for God to send me the right man. In good times and in bad he is the right man for me!
Blessing Number Two: Alexis... We've been having a really hard time. It's NOT her fault at all. She really is such a sweet little girl. Always wanting to play with her sister and brother. She's so full of life and energy. She enjoys every minute she can to it's fullest. She makes me laugh. She is my scrapbooking buddy!
Blessing Number Three: Jordan... My sweet little goofy girl who doesn't understand that Saturdays are for sleeping in! I just have to look at her and I smile. She's my inspiration. The reason I know nothing is impossible. She's got such an imagination and I love when she includes me in her make believe. She's my beautiful brown eyed girl. I love her belly laugh.

Blessing Number Four: Brandon James... His surgery is scheduled for August 10th. He's my squishy cheeked Bubba. He's got a high pitched squeaky voice right now that gives me the giggles. I love to blow bubbles on his belly and 'eat' his tummy to get him to laugh. He's got the longest skinniest little legs and toes. He's my happy little man.

Blessing Number Five: Lady... Yes I have to count the dog! She's had it rough with her epilepsy and everything but she is GREAT with the kids and good for a cuddle for me whenever I need one. She's such a good dog.
Last but not least Blessing Number Six: Me... Yep I'm my own blessing. I have decided that I am strong and I can handle all of this. God wouldn't give me all of this responsibility if I couldn't handle it (ok so he thinks I am a superhero and can handle anything apparently). It'll all be okay. If I keep my faith and keep trying to do the next right thing (Thanks Maw Maw).

Journalling prompt of the day: What do you know about your maternal grandparents? Tell about your relationship with them.

My grandmother Lelia Florence Head Longman is my hero. She's the kind of person I want to be. Outspoken, Funny, Loving, and so Creative! I spent a lot of time with her growing up because my Mom worked a whole lot. I remember playing while she taught Ceramics classes. She's give the the ceramics that didn't mold well and I'd paint them or scratch them up with the tools she used. And she LET me! She always encouraged me to try things my own way instead of telling me what to do. She let me create things. She taught me how to crochet, and cross stitch and I recently got her in to scrapbooking. She speaks her mind and gets a lot of crap from people because she does so. I admire her for it. Even when she's speaking her mind about me. I value her opinions so much. Good, bad, or in between. She's a mother of four who went back to school to become a nurse. She's an excellent nurse. She loves what she does.

My grandfather Barton Wesley Longman. I have always looked up to him and cared deeply about what he thought of me. I seek his approval a lot. He has been a constant source of strength in my life. One of the people I can turn to when everything is falling down around me and he will help me fix it or hold my hand while I let go and wait for something better to happen. A true Southern Gentleman that NEVER goes outside without his hair combed and sprayed into place. I remember teasing him as a child and messing with his hair to aggravate him. I remember him playing with me. Even though he is a very dignified and reserved man, I remember his snapping his dentures at me to make me laugh. Now he does the same thing to my kids! He's always ready with a hug and he has a dry sense of humor that sets me to giggling time after time.
Hugs! I feel so much better! (P.S. My grandparents are blessings too!)
Heather

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan! that baby is getting more adorable!

Lynn (eeyore)

Mindy said...

You are SO amazing. It must be helpful in your situation to highlight the blessings!!

My DS had 2 surgeries before he was 2. You will be amazed at how fast he heals. I will be praying for you and your family. In this case I can say I know how you feel.

My maturnal grandparents were the best people. Since my Dad died when I was 10. My Mom needed help with us. So, my grandparents were always there for us. I remember wanting to marry my grandpa, I thought he was the best thing ever. To this day my sisters, my cousin, and I all believe we were his favorite. He was so wonderful to all of us and made us all believe we were so special. We still "argue" about it. My Grandma was just fantastic too. She was a tiny little thing but so spunky. I haved so many wonderful memories of them.