Thursday, July 19, 2007

Tag questions! and Journalling prompt!

Pretty good day! Alexis had a psychiatrist's appointment and her med dose is increasing. Brandon is gaining weight so I still get to breastfeed. Jordan is asking to go to school. I hope she does well when it starts up again. Anyone else counting the days until school starts again!?

Tagged by Michelle!

My roommate and I once: Ate spaghetti made with spinach pasta and then drank these huge Screwdrivers out of plastic cups. Spinach pasta is not cute on the side of a building. (ask my roommate!) Ick!

Never in my life have I: Felt happier than the moment when my son was shown to me for the first time.

High school was : Not the absolutely greatest experience. It wasn't terrible though. I had some pretty great friends. (No I'm not talking about you Lisa! JK)

When I'm nervous : I bite my cuticles. I know gross!

My hair : Is awful! It looks like I stuck my finger in a light socket! All of the post baby hormones have it thinning and brittle. So not fun.

When I was 5 : My Mom married my step-dad and my little brother was born. Things have never been the same!

When I turn my head left : I see my bulletin board. Full of ideas for my next scrapbook page and a photo of my grandma who passed away before I got to know her well.
I should be : Scrapbooking. I have two pages due. One for my creative team and one for a circle journal.

By this time next year : Brandon will be walking! OMG

My favorite aunt is : So sweet! She bought me a Cricut cartridge just because.

I have a hard time understanding : Why my daughter's birth parents did the things that they did to them. =0(

You know I like you if : I let you play with my kids. I'm very protective of them.

My ideal breakfast is : Coffee and whatever is lying around. Cereal, Oatmeal, Blah blah.

If you visit my home town : You won't see much. It was devastated by Katrina. Port Sulphur, La.

If you spend the night at my house : My kids will wake you up at five in the morning! But you'll have fun! You may have to fend for yourself for food. I'm tired of cooking. I may even make you cook.

My favorite blonde is : Brandon! I can't believe he's blonde!

My favorite redhead is: Jordan

My favorite brunette is : Alexis and I guess Ronnie. LOL Does the dog count too?

The animal I would like to see flying besides birds : Elephants. That'd be kinda funny. Although the poop would be hell on a paint job!

I shouldn't have been : So quick to drop out of college.

Last night I: Threw up! Hey I didn't feel good. Then I put the baby to bed and read a book about bipolar disorder. I did laundry too. Fun times!

A better name for me would be : DH calls me Bubba. LOL I have no idea why.

I've been told I look like : My grandpa. (Yeah thanks!)

If I could have any car, it would be: I am actually driving the car I always wanted. A 2007 RED Dodge Grand Caravan. It's awesome! LOL I'm the ultimate minivan Mom!

I'm tagging.... Lisa, Adriann, and Martha (if she's reading this)

Journalling prompt of the day:

How did you show your independence when you were a teenager?

Oh Lord! I was the kind of teenager that parents have nightmares about (Lexie, Jordan and Brandon if you're reading this when you are older DON'T DO THE FOLLOWING!!!!!). During High School I was a really good kid. Not so much by choice but because my Step Dad was EXTREMELY strict. Evilly so. When I was 18 he ended up going to jail, and then the party started. Because I had been so cooped up I rebelled big time. I chopped my hair off. I dyed it black. I partied at all hours of the night. Coming home late. One time my Mom told me if I didn't come home for 12:00 curfew that the door would be locked. She locked it and I slept in my truck. I dated a not so great guy and ended up living with him for a year and a half. After we broke up I moved back in with my Mom to raise some more hell. I never slept at night. I would only sleep during the day. I was a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad girl. Oh and I dropped out of college after a month of going. Not so smart! And I got a tattoo! And my belly button pierced! All of these things are forgivable thank goodness. I am just glad I didn't do anything worse. Jeez. Like all of that isn't bad enough.

Recently I watched some old video tapes I had of me in Choir. I ended up crying. I was so innocent (to a degree), and I had so much promise. I feel like I've failed that girl. Not that being a Mom isn't awesome because it is. But I had such big dreams. I wish I could go back and tell that girl not to make the mistakes that I made. It's not possible so I have to forgive myself and move on, but it's really hard.

Hugs!
Heather

3 comments:

Adriann said...

Heather a big {{{{{Hug}}}}} to you! I know how you feel. I was a hellion when I was young and motherhood was the only thing that slowed me down. So I am thankful for William because without him I would have been into some things Girl...

I didn't know you were affected by Katrina. I'll have to scan your blog for more info.

I'll try to do the tag tonight. My job has a limit on time we can spend on blogs now. Go figure! I guess I'm supppose to be working. :P

Enjoy the day!

Leah & Terry said...

I love the tag, and your answers!!

Mindy said...

Well, I can't think of many ways I showed my rebellion as a teenager. I colored my hair a lot of different colors, but only because I was afraid to cut it. I had 10 pierces in my ears (6 in one ear, 4 in the other) and 1 in my belly button ring. When I went to England for a few months after my freshmen year of college I got a tattoo and my nipple pierced (it didn't last long, ouchy!!!!) The only things left are 4 ear piercings and the tattoo, which I DO NOT regret getting. Once I'm done having children I plan on getting another tattoo with all our initals in it. It turns out all my rebellion didn't harm anyone else but me.