Monday, July 16, 2007

Washing Machine Wash Out

My poor washing machine. It's 7 years old and has been with us through thick and thin. Two moves, Three kids, A dog... and it's tired. Lately whenever I turn it on it gets halfway through the cycle and just quits. To get it to start again I have to go in there and SLAM the lid shut. (Yes I found that out by being ticked off when I figured out it wasn't working and I slammed the lid shut because I was mad. See temper tantrums have some benefits!) So it's been kinda working, but I remember before we had a washing machine when I had to drag my clothes to the laundromat before we had kids! I'd be there for hours. It was hot, sticky, and expensive! No thank you. I can just imagine trying to corral all three kids in a laundromat if the stupid thing breaks. (No Alexis, Don't turn the dryer on with Jordan in it!! THUMP, THUMP!!) Fun stuff right? So Saturday I broke down and got a new one. A Whirlpool Duet Sport. Which looks SUPER cool! I love those front loading washing machines where you can watch the clothes washing! I told Ronnie that I wanted it because it saved electricity and water but secretly I want to watch the clothes swish around and see them getting clean! I am so weird. Alexis must take after me. She likes to watch the coffee drip into the coffee pot. So hey maybe this watching clothes wash will keep her occupied too!

Speaking of Alexis... She's been doing a whole lot better. We've instituted a reward system with money and a piggy bank. When she behaves or I 'catch' her being good she gets to put a penny or whatever change I have in the piggy bank. When it fills up she can buy her own toy with her own money that she earned. So teaching monetary responsibility and good behavior. So far so good! I've been reading a book about parenting bipolar children and the parent is supposed to stay as low key as possible. Very hard for me as I am a very emotional person but I've been working on it and it seems to be helping. We are taking one day at a time.

Jordan is doing well. She's been going to tons of therapy and she's looking forward to school starting again. She wants to go play with her friends. Big difference from the first day when I dropped her off screaming!! Brandon's bellybutton is still yucky. I have to make another appointment for him today. As far as him eating. I think he's fine. He's wetting and pooping okay. Last night he was super cranky. I think he's teething! Lovely stuff! We brought the dog for her shots on Saturday too. It turns out she has hot spots that are infected. I swear she's always got something going on with her but she wouldn't be a part of this family if she didn't! LOL

Ok enough blabbing... Journalling prompt of the day: What in your life didn't turn out the way you expected? Are you ok with it or do you wish things would've been different?

Wow where to start on this one. So many things haven't turned out how I expected. There's a saying that says if you want to hear God laugh tell him your plans. It's so true. He has his own plan for you and that's what's going to happen. Sometimes I may not understand WHY he's not doing things my way but he's always got a reason.

I remember being so upset when we were having problems getting pregnant. I expected to try for a month or so and get pregnant pretty quickly. It didn't happen. Over the years the infertility treatments had me so depressed. Every month another negative pregnancy test after prayer after prayer. My thoughts ran to... Well maybe I wouldn't be a good Mom and that's why God doesn't want me to get pregnant? Maybe I'm just not good enough? Maybe I don't deserve to be a Mom? Maybe I did something wrong? All of these were not true! I truly believe that we experienced infertility so that we would adopt our two beautiful daughters and then after we adopted them God blessed us with a son. See God had a plan I didn't know about. He knew those two little girls would need us. THAT'S why we couldn't get pregnant. Do I wish things were different? Absolutely not! I am so thankful that he has a plan for us even when it doesn't feel like he's doing things the way I want, his way is much more amazing than my ideas and expectations could ever dream of.

Hugs!
Heather

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are going well for Alexis & Jordan. Hopefully Brandon & Lady will get better soon. It's never a quiet day on your house, poor woman. At least you've got laundry to watch get clean now. Silly girl.

Well, this questions a hard one. I guess it would have to be that I thought I would have finished college and working as a choir teacher or nurse by now. But had I not gotten sick I would have stayed in school and I wouldn't have met my husband when I did. I am very happy where I am today, although I do wish I had a career to go to when my son gets older. But, I've got plenty of time to think about that.