Monday, November 5, 2007

Stupid.

I've been MIA! I am so stupid. I should've insisted on a different doctor or something. After Brandon was born I started having this sharp pressure pain in my chest under my ribs in the middle. I was also throwing up during the pains. It was miserable. I went to the Dr. and he told me that I was stressed out. I should've insisted on a second opinion. I had my doubts that throwing up was caused by stress.

Fast forward to last Thursday around 5 when I got the same pressure feeling. I was up ALL night throwing up over and over. Ronnie went to work on Friday because I felt a bit better. After he left though I got worse, the entire day I was in misery. I finally told him that when he got home (he couldn't come home early because he rides the commuter van with other people) that I was going to the emergency room.

The first thing they said when I got to the ER was "sounds like you have gall stones". Great! (Why didn't the other Dr. figure that out? I've been dealing with this for 8 mos. now?) They did an ultrasound and I had a gall stone lodged in the duct that the bile is supposed to escape from the gall bladder in. That's why I was in such severe pain! They admitted me and said that my gall bladder had to come out.

The next morning they did an MRI which showed that I had a "bunch" of gall stones in addition to the one blocking the duct. That was Saturday. It showed that my gall bladder was extremely infected as well so they started tons of IV antibiotics. They then inform me that if my gall bladder would've burst I could've died. (Which makes me even angrier at the Dr. I've been seeing.) I sat in the hospital all Saturday waiting to see the GI Dr. who never showed up. Sunday she showed up and said I had to have an endoscopy to get the stone out of the duct or they would have to "open me up" and get it out. If they were able to get the stone out then I could have my gall bladder out laproscopically, but either way it had to come out.

Sunday they did the endoscopy procedure and got the stone out. I felt a bit better, but not 100%. That night I slept so hard. Monday around 11:00 they took my gall bladder out. I've lost 15 lbs. since then because I am still not feeling well. (Not that I can't stand to lose the weight mind you!) I'm sore, beat up, and trying to deal with all three kids, and Dr's appointments. The usual.

Ronnie, his mom, and sister watched the kids. One good thing is that Ronnie is a lot less nervous around Brandon now. Of course, I've had to stop breastfeeding Brandon. He's 8 mos. old but I was planning on going until he was a year old. It just breaks my heart. I wasn't ready. There is still some question as to why my liver levels were so high so I'll be going back for further testing. Please keep me in your prayers.

The funniest thing that struck me was that being in the hospital was the best rest I've had in a long time. Maybe it was God's way of telling me to slow down. I decided to quit one of the stores I was selling at and just stick to one. I'm going to keep designing but a little less than I was before. I'm not going to stress about how sales are. I'm going to remember that this is a hobby that I started to make pages for my kids. I'm going to take it easy.

Hugs,
Heather

8 comments:

Lynn/annasmom said...

You poor thing! I've been nauseated all day and just worthless. I can't imagine being as ill as you were and trying to run aroung after 3 kids! Hope you are feeling better and back into the swing of things soon.

Anonymous said...

OH Heather!!! You poor dear! Brandon is growing so fast! Wow, he is just adorable and really looking like a little man now. I'm glad you found out about the gallbladder problem. I've always thought you were a Superwoman!

Linda

Jane said...

Oh man!! I'm so sorry you had to deal with all of that and the kids....I KNOW exactly how you feel..I had my galbladder out tree years ago! Mine was bad also and turning gangrene! Well, I hope your recovery goes well. I'm glad to hear that your slowing down..thats important! take care!!

Tinkerbell_Teetee said...

Wow girlfriend bless your heart!!! Hope you get to feeling better fast.

HUGS!

Estee said...

Hey! I hope that you are feeling better and are recuperating!!! (((hugs))) I can't believe how big Brandon is!

*reyanna* said...

Oh, Holy Lord, Heather! You poor thing! Definitely God telling you to take it easy. I hope you're getting rest, and you will definitely be in my prayers! :)

Adriann said...

Yes girl, you need the rest and take care of You! So glad that you are better.

Blessings!

Mindy said...

Girl....I know it's hard to take care of ourselves when we are taken care of everyone else. (especially you!!!) But, I hope you can rest and get well. And while you are resting...pleace look for another doctor. Wish I could go down there and help you. That picture of Brandon is SO ADORABLE!!! He weighs just a few pounds less than my 3 y/o. I can see how he got stuck with the name Bubba.