Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My first challenge completed...


So since I had problems getting my own book started and covered with paper and DOING the actual challenge I posted, I decided to wait a while before posting it. Hopefully everyone is having fun! LOL I wrote my deepest darkest secret on the back of the red paper, then cut it up into squares and glued it to the paper. I used puffy paint to write in the rest of the word secrets. I distressed the paper with chalk, ink, and paint. Then I found a relevant quote. I'll be posting the next challenge at the end of this blog... so read down to the bottom!

An update on us... Alexis is having a really hard time again. Which makes it extremely difficult to catch up on the blog and everything. She's pinching herself and breaking the skin and creating sores on her arms. Her meds are not working, and she as well as everyone in our house is pretty miserable. Prayers are definitely needed, I am trying not to worry and give the situation to God because. I can't fix it, God can do much better than I can. I refuse to let the worry take over all of our lives.

Ronnie went to Pastries with Parents at school today with the girls. It was fun. Jordan will be moving up to big girl Pre-K next year. Not a special needs class. She'll be going 5 days a week. I'm going to miss my baby. =0( After Ronnie came back we went to lunch at the Olive Garden. I LOVE the Olive Garden.

Brandon and I dropped Ronnie here at home, then we went to get Alexis' new perscription, to the library, and to Lowes to pick up some stuff to create my new flower bed. It's already in the 90's here in La.

Here are some of my more recent scrapbook LO's.





Ok enough babble about me... Here is your next challenge (should you chose to accept it!)

Fill an entire page in your journal with small circles, and then color them in. You choose the colors! Then tell me what the colors you chose mean. Link me to your creations so I can leave you some love.

5 comments:

Jessica's mom said...

I'm sorry you're having such great big challenges right now, of course your family will be in my prayers.

Isn't Brandon growing up fast! I just love that view from the back, let me guess it's the only way to catch him!

As always your work is simply beautiful. Good luck on your daughter's sundresses, perhaps when you get them done you can give me tips so I can make one for me. Don't forget they have the "cheater fabric" at Wally World, where it has the elastic at the top and pretty fabric at the bottom all you have to do is stitch up the back and add straps the correct length (for instance ribbon or cording) and viola! Sundress.

Nnairda's said...

You are always in my prayers.

Your challenge is awesome-- what an excellent way to release and express what's inside.

Great projects you've been working on.

Continued blessings!
Adriann

Leah said...

I hope Alexis gets better soon. I will say prayers for her!

As for your challenge it sounds interesting. I will have to do it, just have to remember. LOL.

Good thing I have my scrapping journal already.

I have a freebie on my blog if your interested =)

Jessica's mom said...

While I was busy with life today (cleaning I think) it dawned on me that I didn't pat you on the back! Shame on me! Congrats on the standard/regular class for Jordan! That is simply amazing, I know how hard you've worked for that. Kudos to the both of you.

Cheryl Wray said...

All of your creations are GREAT!!!!!! Your secret page was really wonderful.