Sunday, June 15, 2008

I'm such a klutz, but check out my buttons! LOL

Oh man, I am such a klutz. We went to the pool at the gym for Father's Day yesterday. Going to the pool with three kids is an incredible feat in itself, but when we try to get them out of the pool it's always an adventure. Ronnie was in the pool with all 3 kids, and I got out to get the towels and help the kids out. As I was walking along the side of the pool, I was almost to the edge and whoosh! My foot went out from under me and I very glamorously (NOT!) fell directly on my butt! In front of at least 100 people. I tried to play it off, and pretend no one noticed. The funny part is that Ronnie didn't see it, so I tried to convince myself no one else did. LOL Thankfully nothing but my ego was bruised. =0)

What else did I do this weekend? I finished up a layout in the ugly scrapbook paper challenge. Everyone knows I am Basic Grey's biggest fan right? Well in the Mellow paper pack there was this extremely hideous floral paper that looked like the 70's threw up. LOL So I knew it'd be perfect for the ugly paper challenge. You can click on the image for a bigger view. I tried to pretty it up with some embroidery... but it just wasn't happening. Ugh.



I also made clay buttons from Sculpey clay. Teresa told me how to do it a few months ago, and I just now got around to doing it. I made plain ones, and funky ones too. I had a blast doing it, and even Ronnie helped. Here are some pics of my masterpieces, or not! LOL





I've gotten my teaching schedule for my local scrapbook store Scrappersaurus in Mandeville, La. I'll be teaching Basic Scrapbooking on the second Saturday in July, and then the Saturday after that I'll be teaching Journaling 101 which is a class of my own making. So wish me luck, and hope that I don't get tongue tied and embarrass myself. I can't believe I'M A TEACHER! I also picked up some more materials to make design team layouts for them. I'll be posting those when I get them done.

Everything here has calmed down somewhat, the kids aren't sick anymore which means I get to go to the gym! Yay! Alexis' meds have kicked in and she's much calmer thank GOD! Other than that just the normal Summer stuff. Lounging in the sun and soaking up some rays, reading books, participating in the Summer reading program. Oh, and keeping Brandon from killing himself since he's decided his new hobby is climbing on everything. See below for evidence!



Thanks for stopping by...
Heather

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my!! B's so big!!!


Yea for med's kicking in!! i bet she's much happier now. and yea for no more sickness and for going to the gym. i need to get moving...but the heat...ugh...at least that's my current excuse. dh keeps sending me to the gas station for ice cream and candy bars. that's NOT helping. though i'm good and will only eat one or half (I like to save half for later, but dh gets into it lol).


stay cool and stay sane!

E (lynn)

Cheryl Wray said...

Love the buttons!!!!!

And your teaching at the scrap store sounds great. Good luck!!

Leah said...

LOL!! At the falling on your butt story! It's not funny but wait, yes it is!!!

Love all the layouts and those cool buttons are awesome!!! It will take forever to use them all up won't it?? I guess with the scrapping pace your at, maybe not!! Take care {{Hugs}}