Monday, July 21, 2008

Wanna play Honky?

Last night Jordan went up to Ronnie and asked him "Do you want to play Honky?" He looked at me and his eyebrows shot up just about to the top of his head. He was wondering how on Earth she learned that rascist term, and was highly offended that she was calling him a Honky. He asked her "What?" because he was sure that he misunderstood her. I was no help considering I had dissolved into hysterical laughter. LOL She then said... "You know where you hit the Honky with a stick." By this time, I was laughing so hard I thought I'd hurt myself. Then our 6 year old came to the rescue by explaining to us that she'd told Jordan that when she goes to the gym at school they'll play "Hockey". I'm still laughing a full 24 hours later. The look on Ronnie's face was priceless. Out of the mouths of babes!

My house is being overrun by spiders. We found another one last night, and my oh-so-helpful husband killed it, and then proceeded to chase me around with it on the end of the broom. He even touched me with the broom! (He's a big kid.) Then he went to clean off the broom with a paper towel, and couldn't find the spider. Of course this sent me into freak out mode because I'm sure my children will be eaten even if it's a spider that's 1/4 inch long. We finally found the spider on the floor. Where it had fallen out of my hair!!!! Apparently when he touched me with the broom, the spider fell out on me. He's lucky I didn't know until after the fact, because he'd be about as squashed as that spider if I would've.

Hugs!
Heather

8 comments:

Leah said...

LOL!!! Kids are hilarious!

Ewww to the spider. Why so many?

Nancy said...

LOL! That is too funny! About the "honky"....the spider? DH would have been dead!

MindyRadio said...

LOL.....Aren't you glad you write this stuff done.


I am the spider killer in my house. So it would have been me chasing my DH around the house with the broom....and I would too.

Vickie said...

Awww kids say the funniest things, bless.
And *Ewwwwwww!* at the spiders! Yuk!

Nnairda's said...

Too funny! I was wondering where you was going with that.

Give your husband a big smack upside his head for me too! I hate spiders!!

Yes, you have a ways to go before Brandon wants to participate in dangerous sports. Enjoy it while you can...

Adriann

Nnairda's said...

Thank you for stopping by. The highlight of my trip was the dolphin tour.

Take care!

Adriann

Jessica's mom said...

Oh my hockey! LOL

Sounds like it is time for you to call the exterminator! DD's room seemed to breed spiders all this past winter, but I don't mess around with bugs that possess more legs than I have. Oh wait isn't that all bugs?

Jessica's mom said...

Between the two of us we have quite a complete collection of Disney Autographs. I have Mickey, and Jessica doesn't get up early enough to watch Jojo, so she only sees the little excerise shows and the like. I would love it if you could scan all the rest and share them with me, as you can see from the photos Rob has been drawing just about all of them.