Sunday, August 17, 2008

Scrapfest Sneak Peek

Super sweet sneak peek at my Scrapfest project... I spoke to one of the organizers of Scrapfest here in Mandeville, La. yesterday, and she told me it was okay to post a sneak peek of the project I'm teaching at Scrapfest in September. So here it is...



Yes, all you get is a corner! LOL But if you go to the Scrapfest website here... You'll get to see a little more. http://www.scrapfestproductions.com/directions.html Scroll down to Saturday at 10AM and there I am!

The project is a mini album using the Fancy Pants About a Boy Paper. I feel like boys get overlooked a lot in scrapbooking. It's about time someone came out with some cute boy paper. Of course the album could be used for an older boy, or a tomboy too. I know the papers would work for Alexis for sure. The album holds 12 photos so I used it to scrap the first 12 months of Brandon's life.

Other stuff going on... I'm teaching a Crazy About Chipboard class this Saturday at Scrappersaurus in Mandeville. I'm having a lot of fun distressing and playing with the chipboard. In the first class we'll distress and cover the chipboard, then in class two we'll make a completed distressed layout using the chipboard and the Graphic 45 Baby to Bride collection.

Recent Layouts:

I saw this crawfish paper in Scrappersaurus and couldn't pass it up for scrapping the photo of Bubs eating his first crawfish...



And here's a layout about me being a bit of a bookworm...



As always if you want to see them bigger just click and they'll pop up with a full description.

Other than that not much is going on... catching up on stuff for class. Oh and soon I'll be posting some photos of my inchies as well. I've gotten caught on that too. LOL They are lots of fun to do.

The kids are finally back in school and they are really happy about it for the most part... except that Jordan has informed me that her teacher "Doesn't like her". When I asked her why she said, "Because she makes me do stuff." LOL Little does she know she's in for at least 12 more years of being told what to do by teachers. Alexis is excited to be in the same class as her best friend this year. I just worry they are going to talk and get in trouble. Her teacher is no nonsense though, so she should be able to deal with them.

Brandon is growing like a weed. He weighs 31 lbs. to Jordan's 33, and he's almost as tall as she is. He's such a boy, he climbs on everything, and digs into everything. He now says "I Ya You Mama." Which in Brandon language means "I Love You Mama." and it just melts my heart.

Enough blabbing,
Hugs!
Heather Landry

3 comments:

Jessica's mom said...

Glad to hear the kids are back to school, what will you and Brandon do with all your time? Yeah, Right, I know! I am blown away by all the amazing things your doing. Just don't forget to have fun too okay?

The kids here went back to school yesterday but most of the state, cancelled school today in the wake of Fay. Funny how that is turning out to be a much less than everyone worried it would be. It's beautiful weather and I'm certain all the kids are enjoying one last grab at summer!

kerryfaler said...

Heather,
love the "bookworm" page. I've been meaning to do one for myself. Hopefully next time we can crop together at the store. It was great meeting you!
Kerry

Leah said...

I think the teaching is awesome!! I'm going to take a sneak peek at your class. Wish I could take it too =(