Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Why I love my husband...

He called today and told me to look outside... there was a box from ProFlowers. Full of gorgeous purple and yellow iris buds. (I love flowers, but really don't like roses so he has to be creative! To me roses are for funerals. I'm weird.) Anyway I pulled out the card expecting it to say "Love ya!" or something short. Instead I got...

"Remember the time we got kicked out of class for playing with matchbox cars?" "Who's retarded now?" "Shake and bake!" "Love you."

That's a quote from one of his (and mine too secretly) favorite movies. Talladega Nights with Will Farrell in it, and while it's not hot romance... I about died laughing. And that folks, is why I love my husband. No matter how rotten the day is, he can make me laugh so hard I cry.

If you haven't seen that movie, I highly recommend it. Keep in mind it's not for little eyes or ears. Here's a photo of my flowers so far.


Lately I've been in Suzy Home Maker mode... I baked a pound cake from scratch, reorganized the living room, donated a bunch of stuff that had accumulated that we didn't need, and started sewing the girls Easter dresses. I figure they may be done by like 3 Easter's from now. LOL Just call me Martha... better yet... Don't. Hehe

My fabulous pound cake... (Sorry I accidentally hit the publish button too soon!)


My newly organized living room... (Confirmation that I am seriously OCD I organized the kids books AGAIN, when they will just mess them up 10 minutes from now!)


Nothing makes me happier than organization!!!! Whooo hoo! Ronnie spent the weekend helping me move stuff around. Another reason I love him. We moved the big TV into the armoire and moved the old (still big) one in our room. I don't understand all of the high definition flat screen mess, but it makes Ronnie happy, and I'm happy I have the armoire so I don't have to look at it! I just noticed my living room is all shades of brown. LOL Ok it's official I'm boring.


And last but not LEAST in any way... Bubs at the park. Did I mention it's hot here? OMG I could fry an egg on the sidewalk seriously. Look how sweaty and dirty he is! What a boy!!! And while he looks as red as a crawfish... keep in mind that he was only outside for 30 mins, and the majority of that was in the SHADE!


I just found out about Anobii.com. If you are on there and want to add me as a friend I'm MiraclesMommaDesigns. I found another addiction. LOL

Thanks for stopping by,
Heather

4 comments:

*reyanna* said...

Those flowers are beautiful! Love the card. :) And looks like you're getting a lot accomplished in your home! I am too! Isn't it great to be organized?! :D

Leah said...

Awww, your hubby rocks!! I don't like roses either, they cost a fortune and die in 2 days. I like what he got you!

Look at you miss OCD, we would so get along!! LOL

Got to check out Anobii.com
I don't have a clue what it is, but I will have a peek. I better not get addicted.

TheresaK said...

hey, hey....I found you now! thanks for the new link!!! mmmm...pound cake!!!
Such a sweet hubby!

Jessica's mom said...

Oh my what a sweaty boy! Now tell me what is it about little ones the minute they get hot and sticky they want to give you a big giant sandy hug?

Okay it's official I have more kids books. We have three shelves of childrens books which I keep very organized. Seriously hundreds, and I can't stand it when dd pulls them all off the shelves! If she does it covers the entire floor of her bedroom about 4" thick, and takes oh so much longer to clean up than it did for her to pull them down... Did I mention I've just joined another book club?

Easter dresses is a perfect target date to shoot for. I'm certain they will be beautiful.