Saturday, September 6, 2008

New Obsession Yikes!

So I bought the Sure Cuts A Lot Software that works with my Cricut machine and lets me cut out any true type font so I don't need cartridges anymore! Well recently I've been learning how to create .svg files that can be cut on the Cricut using the SCAL software.

This is the first file I created. I wanted a tree trunk similar to the cute ones on the Sassafras Lass papers. This is what I came up with. You can cut a circle or an oval and lay the trunk on the top.

Here's the card I made with the tree trunk... As always click on the photo for a closer view. The inside of the card says... What hill? I don't remember any hill? =0)



Here is your download file... to use it open SCAL and click File-Import SVG. It resizes really well. Hope you like it. Let me know what you think!

http://www.4shared.com/file/62003943/e00b9a04/MMD_Tree_Trunk_Svg.html

Hugs,
Heather Landry
Miracle's Momma Designs

3 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 07 Sep [LA 12:00am, NY 02:00am, UK 07:00am, OZ 05:00pm] ).

Angi said...

I want that software. Where'd you get it and how much was it? I haven't even used the CDS software yet. I still cut my stuff the old fashion way - LOL!
Oh and we're home and all is well. Check out my blog. I'm about to post pix. I hope Ike keeps going WEST!

Jessica's mom said...

Wow, it amazes me how much you've been able to do since the children went back to school. They are back to school correct? Or did you just find a time/space pocket where you can go whenever you want something done? hehe, will you share you pocket of time with me!?