Saturday, September 27, 2008

Scrapfest Class

This morning was supposed to be my Scrap Fest class. I got an email this morning from the owner of the store stating that no one had signed up for my class, in fact many of the classes were cancelled because no one was signing up for them. I was really upset at first, but then it hit me that a lot of folks completely wiped out their savings evacuating for Gustav and Ike. (I know we did.) I'm guessing that's part of the reason, just bad timing.

I'm disappointed. I did show up just in case someone signed up at the very last minute. I spent some time helping out in the booth, and of course I couldn't leave without buying anything, so I picked up a few sheets of Cogsmo paper. And some cute Sock Monkey themed paper. I spent hours on preparation work for that class, so I'm bummed out, but it looks like we'll be transferring the About a Boy class over to the October Crop in Hammond, La.

If you're interested in attending this class either at Scrappersaurus or the Hammond crop please let me know. Since my Scrapfest class has passed, I'm now allowed to post the project pics so here goes...



I'm still doing the Ali Edwards challenge. Taking tons of pics! Even more than normal. I got an amazing prize in the mail today from a challenge I won on the DreamGirls Challenge blog. http://www.dreamgirls.typepad.com/ See the pic below! Pretty awesome huh? I'm loving the Glitz stuff especially! Check out the blog, It's a lot of fun.



Hugs,
Heather Landry
Miracle's Momma Designs

1 comment:

Angi said...

I'm so bummed about your class - but you're most likely right about everyone's unfortunate wallet pain due to Gustav & Ike. I know it seriously put a dent in ours!
Hopefully come spring finances will recover - you'll teach a class and I can attend.
I like your kit! I have that pink & black paper here!