Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

This past weekend we took our annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch. Here are some photos of all of the fun!

Jordan was so excited to be offered the opportunity to touch a baby chicken. She's only seen full sized chickens before. I love the look on her face.



The kids had a blast taking photos on this HUGE tractor. Seriously it was taller than Ronnie who is 6' 4". HUGE! Here's Alexis hamming it up.



Here's our whole crew... Minus me and Maw Maw... We were taking the photo. =0)



I totally love this shot of Jordan and Alexis. I just wish Lexie would've smiled. Oh well! It was a miracle we got Jordan up there on the hay bale. A few seconds into it she declared it "Too itchy" and wanted down.



Here's Bubba and Paw Paw after they picked out Bubba's pumpkin. He doesn't look too thrilled with the choice, but I promise he loved it. LOL



Ronnie and Jordan scooping the "guts" out of the pumpkin. Ronnie has never carved a pumpkin before, he still technically hasn't carved one. I got the honors on that, but as you can tell he's a great gut scooper. We may promote him to carver next year. Maybe.



Brandon did not like gut scooping, or pumpkin carving, and so he was excused from the table shortly after threatening to throw his pumpkin off of the table. (Technically he doesn't like much of anything right now due to cutting 4 new teeth!)



Alexis was really serious about getting her pumpkin totally cleaned out.



Ronnie drew the face on Brandon's pumpkin for me to cut, and the girls drew their own. Here are the finished pumpkins... from left to right they are Jordan's, Alexis', and Brandon's. All in all, a good weekend!




Thanks for stopping by,
Hugs,
Heather

5 comments:

Leah. said...

Awwww, I love the photos! I HATE carving pumpkins so I can feel Brandons pain. LOL. If you get away with making Ronnie do it, I would!!! LOL. Love the photos again. I stole one.....

Jessica's mom said...

LOL! It's pumpkin time! I've been wanting to get a pumpkin since they had them out in the store in early September! I'm not planning on carving it though, I'm going to get out all sorts of art supplies, and create the face that way. Then when I'm sick of looking at it I dig the guts out cut it up and freeze it for pumpkin pie! Yum!

Glad you all had such a great time!

Cheryl Wray said...

I just LOVE all of these pictures!!! I want to go to a pumpkin patch. I think you get the best pictures in the Fall!!

Angi said...

too cute. looks like y'all had a great time. tho we've been to a patch once, we've never carved pumpkins or gotten them. we live in a good neighborhood, but I fear the bratty tweens that leave trash in our yard each morning while they wait for the bus would end up smashing the pumpkin all over our porch or something!

Jen said...

Oh Im still debating about carving this year! I always do something stupid, like invest 3hrs carving freakin spongebob or shrek into a pumpkin just to see him turn to mush a few days after halloween...BUT this year D will be at camp until that afternoon, so she wont be around to carve pumpkins with..sniffle!! I dont even think we're passing out candy. She'll get home, it will be rush rush, this is her last year trick or treating she decided, ya know big girl next year with jr high *GULP* and all...so I think we're just going to keep the house dark, take her out and enjoy the last bits of our baby's childhood LOL.

Oh you wait next year Ronnie will be picking out the biggest baddest pumpkin in the patch, might even get him to wear a clown nose..heeee!