Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Things your children should NOT do at the Dr.'s office...

Jordan had a Dr.'s appointment today, and I came up with a list all on my own of things children should not do in a Dr.'s office.

1. Children should not climb on the examination table and jump up and down.
2. Children should not bang on the window blinds and pull the cords up and down while jumping on above said table.
3. Children should not play with the super cool ear thing that the Dr. left convienently stuck to the wall near above said table.
4. Children should not scream at the top of their voice while their Mother explains how well they've been doing.
5. Children should NOT lick the top of the hazardeous materials trash can.
6. Children should not play with the sharps container also convienently located near above said table.
7. Children should not bang repeatedly on the nice Dr.'s laptop while screaming at the top of their lungs while standing on top of above said table.
8. Children should not steal the nice Dr.'s mouse that is attached to above said laptop while running from end to end of above said table.
9. Children should not hide under above said table when Mommy says "It's time to go."
10. Children should not scream when Mommy drags them out from under above said table, by their feet because it's all she could reach.

I'm just saying... and they wonder why I'm insane? Certifiable. Ugh.

Hugs,
Heather

9 comments:

Leah. said...

ROFLMAO!!!!! This is a typical trip to the doctors office for us too! I always wonder why they have to touch everything too? Why can't they just stand there and not move?

Totally hilarious!

TheresaK said...

omg...HAHAHAHAHAHA .... that sounds like a dr office visit with my kids..

Jessica's mom said...

Oh MY! My mouth is feeling a bit unhappy over the bio hazard trash event. EKKK! The trouble of course with all of thise... To get a list like that, you had to go through all those things! Egads! How much respite do you have before the next appointment?!? Savor it!

Nnairda's said...

5. Children should NOT lick the top of the hazardeous materials trash can.

Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's why I hate going to the doctor's, especially when waiting in the lobby forever. They can get into a lot of trouble there too.

Adriann

Three Bright Lights Designs said...

LOL, before I got all the way down, I was thinking children should not lick the pipes under the sink, which Will did once while I was running after Jenny, (and of course he got sick a few days later) but I think licking the top of the hazardous materials trash can has me beat. Too funny Heather. Thanks for giving me a chuckle today!

Angi said...

I just wish to NOT have to go to the doctor's office myself, but since I see several doctors a month there's no chance of that!
I'm so glad to be past that young age where kids do so much crazy stuff. My DD never was like that - and thank goodness she's a healthy child. Even this week when we got our flu shots she was content to just running her mouth and was ok with taking a needle just to help me be healthy.

Cheryl Wray said...

Oh NO......that is SO funny!!!

Julie said...

This is hilarious. I would have been too mortified to keep a list, but you made it work!! LOL Hopefully, next visit will go much smoother.

MindyRadio said...

Oh bless you for having a sense of humor. It may be the only thing that keeps you semi-sane. :)