Monday, December 8, 2008

A Thanksgiving Conversation

I completely forgot to post this. I remembered last night, and decided it was just too cute not to share.

After I finished cooking for Thanksgiving, I rushed around fixing plates for the kids. I gave them their plates, and fixed mine. I sat down next to Jordan, and Ronnie's Dad announced that his wife would like to say the blessing. So we all joined hands, and closed our eyes. Ronnie's Mom began to pray. She thanked God for all of us being able to be together. As she was praying, we heard a little voice pipe up. Jordan said in a disbelieving voice, "What? Are we going to sleep now?" She thought since we were closing our eyes to pray that we were going to sleep. I had such a hard time not laughing, but Ronnie's Mom was still praying so I did my best. My effort did not last for long because a few seconds later I heard, "Mmmmm! This is good!" Jordan had let go of Ronnie's Mom's hand and started eating. I guess she decided if we were all going to "sleep", that she was going to go ahead and eat. We all ended up laughing, and Ronnie's Mom finished the prayer quickly. It was just sooo funny! That girl cracks me up at least once a day.

Hugs,

Heather

3 comments:

Jessica's mom said...

That is cute. Do you remember the turkey neck story from my nephew a couple of years ago? LOL

Agnes said...

Awww, so cute!!! Kids do say the funniest things LOL

Leah. said...

ROFL!!! That is too funny!

Glad you recorded it, you can scrap all these one day. All you have to do is come back to your blog. I'm loving all these entries!