Sunday, January 18, 2009

POTD 1-17-09 and 1-18-09

Last night I did not get home from work until after the kids went to bed. When I came in, this is what I found in the kitchen...



I do not really mind having to clean up. I know it is a lot to watch all three kids and try to keep the house clean. I just found it funny that I can keep it all together, but the kids keep him hopping so much that he has a hard time. Since it was so late last night. I had to wait until today to upload it.

Here is the one I took today. I made a home made version of a ribbon organizer. It's all sorted by color, and hangs on hangers on a big hook on my wall. Every time I look at it, the colors make me feel happy. I also get happy thinking that something is organized in this mess! LOL So I took a picture from the bottom of the ribbon up. I think it looks kinda cool.



Work was really awesome last night! I had seven girls come to the class. We had everyone stuffed together like sardines. LOL I was sick, but I went anyway. Everything went well, until two and a half hours in I started losing my voice. Thankfully the class was almost over, and I was able to finish out. I got some girls signed up already for my distress class. It is so funny because one of them is my English teacher from middle school.

I really do enjoy teaching. It is awesome to get paid for something you love to do anyway!!! Last night I picked up a cool new tool! It is such a pain in the behind to pick up all of those tiny paper die cut pieces. Well Quick Kutz came out with a tool that has an end to scrape your diecut up off of the mat, and then it has another end with a tacky substance so that the tiny diecuts stick to the pen while you place them in the glue where you want it. Oh so cool, and really worth it!

My first digital scrapbooking class is coming up this Saturday. For the first time in a long time I am doing some digital design because I plan to give a CD full of supplies out to the participants. I am really excited about teaching digital! Enough out of me for today!

Hugs!
Heather

4 comments:

Agnes said...

Teaching is such a rewarding job!

Heather, I LOVE ribbons. I don't really know what to do with them but I think they are so pretty...

Dishes... I am ashamed to admit that sometimes we use paper plates just because I don't want to do the dishes...

Elizabeth A. said...

Dirty Dishes yuck. If I can convince DH to clean them up he never wipes things down. :( That makes me so crazy. If you're going to do it, do it right. Ah well, they don't ask us.

I'm glad you had such a great turn out for your class! Take care and feel better so you'll have plenty of voice for future classes.

Anonymous said...

ok so I have family that lives near you and love to come into town and see them and scrap, but scrapsarous(sorry if mispelled) never post the class calendar nor any great thing that you guys do. Can you post a calendar. I am all about supporting the small bussiness, but they have to let me know about sales and a calendar of events. You do some really great work! Loce to see all the layouts.
Thanks Ka....

Leah. said...

You are doing such a great job with teaching!!! I'm proud of you.

I came home to quite the mess myself tonight! *sigh* Men!

Great POTD, I might have to try that!