Monday, January 5, 2009

POTD 1-5-09 and Sandbox Fun

Today's POTD is not very clear as it was foggy as all get out this morning. Here it is in all of it's misty glory.



Today was the girl's first day back at school in over two weeks. While I will miss them, I will not miss the noise, and Brandon missing his nap time as it makes him quite a cranky little man. We had planned to go to the park this morning, but as you can tell from the POTD, it is not park weather today. So we settled for staying home today. I did take him outside to play in his sandbox.

The sandbox is one of the best things we have ever bought. All of our children play for hours at a time. Which leaves me free to read a book and drink coffee while watching their antics. Or I could always take photos! LOL Here is one I took this morning. Not perfect, and still misty, but the look on his face. *Sigh* He gets so self absorbed when he plays.



I have an Alexis-ism to share today. A few days ago we were having a conversation about my sister-in-law's dog that passed away. Jordan has been asking a lot of questions about God and heaven, and I was doing my very best to explain things to her. Alexis turned to me and said, "You know what Mom?" "God is sneaky!" I said, "What makes you say that!?" She replied, "Because he is always watching us, and that is like hiding." "It's sneaky!" She is a trip sometimes. I told her it was his job, to watch over us and make sure we were safe. It is a totally different thing than when I tell her to stop eavesdropping and being sneaky. LOL

Today is our eighth anniversary. It does not seem that long that Ronnie and I have been married. I am making him a special anniversary dinner. I have been cooking all day, and I have a lot to go, so I had better sign off, and get to work! LOL

Hugs,
More questions tomorrow hopefully!
Heather

5 comments:

Rleen said...

Wonderful photos. I love your son's photo he's so cute and adorable. TFS!

Leah. said...

The school bus is a great idea for a POTD!! Yeah, it's been really quiet here. I just wish it could be quiet under better circumstances! Poor Joseph!

He did come over and stare at the photo of Brandon for a minute, I bet if he was feeling better he would ask to play with him.

Happy Anniversary! I hope hubby enjoys his dinner!

Nnairda's said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the photos, especially the sandbox. Great shot!

Thanks for sharing about the PSE. I do have it and would like to know how you were able to manipulate the background. I haven't played with it too much. I've been editing in Picassa. It's so much easier. :)

Adriann

Jane said...

I can not believe how big your little guy is!!! Love the "sneaky" comment...yah, he is pretty sneaky isn't he?!!

Agnes said...

Oh I LOVE the school bus photo!!!

LOL "sneaky". i love how children see things. So refreshing :-)