Wednesday, February 11, 2009

POTD 2-11-09 Good Enough to Eat

I love coffee. Everyone who knows me even the slightest bit knows that. There is something to be said for a man who walks a mile in the rain to a gourmet coffee store to get his wife coffee beans as an early Valentines Day present. He knows that I would rather have the gourmet coffee, than a dozen roses. Sure, it did not cost as much as the roses would have, and not many women would be gaga over a bag of coffee beans. I am though, and the fact that he knows that just melts my heart.

My POTD today consists of my new coffee beans, in one of my favorite coffee cups that he bought me years ago. It is Mike from Monsters Incorporated, and it makes me giggle every time I see it. Thank you Leah, for the inspiration to take this photo! I changed it to Sepia because the green cup was a bit glaring in the photo.



Today, I am staying home! Brandon and I are lounging around in our pajamas being total slackers. Days like this make me truly happy down to my soul! A rest and restoration day. I am watching a movie, and later I plan to scrapbook. Since the girls are at school Brandon is enjoying playing with all of the toys without having to squabble or share. He is pretty content too.

Thanks for stopping by,
Hugs,
Heather

6 comments:

Leah. said...

Ha! Ha!!!! I would rather have gourmet tea bags than roses any day. THe fact that hubby knows you appreciate it more just proves he wuvs ya!

Cute cup. Gotta show that to Joseph.

We are slacking today too! Too bad we can't be slackers together :(

Agnes said...

Oh I am with you on the coffee! I love everything about coffee, the smell, the taste, the cups, the temperature, everything. Well, enjoy your rest/restoration day!

jacqueline said...

well, sometimes i go for other things over roses, too. :)

i'm not really a big fan of coffee, but when i smell the aroma, i can't help but have a cup. :)

that's a cute cup you have there. by the way, i like the movie Mosnters Inc. too. :)

Jane said...

oh, I love that photo!!! Pajama day used to be so much fun when my kids were growing up!!! wtg mom!!

Elizabeth A. said...

Have you been to the Laugh Floor in the Magic Kingdom? What a delightful riot, and different everytime so you can do it each time you visit!

Glad to hear you had a great soul happy day too.

Michelle said...

I so love the mug!!! (I just don't care for coffee.. never acquired the taste for it). You have some great photos!!!