Friday, February 13, 2009

POTD 2-12-09 and 2-13-09 Thankful

I got at call at five o'clock that I could come pick up Lady. I was so excited. At seven she was awake. She is resting right now. I am sitting up checking on her every five minutes like a nervous Mommy. She was and always will be my first baby. The doctor told me that the actual lump on her stomach was fat and tissue that had come through the herniated space, and twisted. The tissue had died and was extremely infected. If it would have went untreated she would have died. Thank God I insisted that we not wait on the surgery. I had a feeling that something was really wrong.

She did have two lumps on her skin that we had been thinking were just skin irritations, but while she was asleep the doctor decided to go ahead and remove them since they were growing larger. They were even deeper than she thought, and were true tumors, and not just irritated skin. She removed them entirely, but we will have to wait on testing to determine what they were. I am so scared. Like I said before, she has been through so much already with her epilepsy, arthritis, and allergies. Poor baby! Please, please keep her in your prayers. She needs them!

I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to the staff of the General Animal Hospital in Covington, La. They stayed way past closing time to do her surgery. Two hours above and beyond normal work hours. They were amazing, and so considerate. This is the photo I took while I was waiting outside for Lady, when I realized that most of the day had passed without me getting a photo of the day.



I have to bring her back to the doctor in the morning. I have to say that I have never believed that Friday the thirteenth was a bad luck day, but I can seriously say that everything that could possibly go wrong today did. On the way to the veterinarian's office my windshield wipers stopped working IN A RAINSTORM! Everything that happened with Lady today was awful, and while I was visiting my friend this morning one of her girls fell off of the couch and ended up with a concussion. Then I got a note in the mail that Jordan has nineteen unexcused absences from school and will not be able to move up to the next grade. So that is something I have to sort out on Monday. (They are excused absences, they just have not kept track of them properly.)

Here is my photo of the day from 1-12-09! We made cupcakes for Jordan's class. She demanded that they be pink cupcakes with pink icing, and in all of the chaos I got them made. She was extremely happy with them, which made it all worth while.



I am going to check on Lady again. Thank you all so much for the prayers, and for taking the time to stop by my blog.

Hugs,
Heather

6 comments:

agnes said...

Thanks for the update Heather. So glad the surgery went well. Keep us posted.
Good night.

Elizabeth A. said...

I'm glad Jordan got what she wanted in her cupcakes. I'm sorry about all those awful things hitting all at once. It's a great thing that they allowed you to bring her home. Hopefully she's better this morning.

Leah. said...

So glad lady made it out of the surgery. I will pray those extra lumps removed are nothing serious at all. I do love your POTD, both of them. I made cupcakes too, with white icing :)

Hope you have a wonderful relaxing weekend and have lots of chocolate to comfort you!!

xoxo

Angi said...

I'm glad everything turned out ok, just sorry it cost a fortune. We really need actual pet health insurance, ya know? My dog gets skin irritations that feel like cysts. Sometimes if I squeeze them they will pop like a bad zit, other time it takes weeks or months for the spot to disappear. I've asked the vet before - the bad thing is that it could be a million different things causing them. Allergies, food, grooming or maybe either benign or cancerous tumors. It's hard having a furbaby - they love you unconditionally, yet they can't quite communicate fully to help you understand something that might be wrong with them. I love my dog and wouldn't trade her for the world - and though I did look at the pet store I could never bring myself to bring home a new baby cause she already has seperation anxiety and gets very mopey if one of us is out of town or something. I would only do maybe 2 dogs if starting over. You can't throw a puppy in with a 6 year old and expect things to be perfect.
Last night before bed the hubby tells me happy v day, then says ya know if you had really pushed the issue you would have walked out of that pet store with a new dog. He said I just lit up and he loved seeing me so happy....but still I can't do that to my current furbaby. She knows she's mama's girl.
I hope those test results come back affordable and benign!

Kami said...

Hi Heather, so glad that lady is doing better now. I hope she continues to improve. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family!!

agnes said...

How is she doing?