Saturday, February 14, 2009

POTD 2-14-09 Romantic Dinner for Five

First, I want to say thank you to everyone who has been praying for Lady. I brought her back to the veterinarian this morning because she was bleeding from her stomach. He checked her and said everything was okay. Of course I am a nervous wreck even though he says it is all "normal". If you ask me, nothing about any of this is normal. The whole fiasco ended up costing six hundred and five dollars. As my friend Leah pointed out, I must admit that God was watching over her and us because if we would not have gotten our tax return in when we did, there was no way we could have afforded it at all.

She is doing much better today, but is still not herself. The pain pills are making her very groggy, and I have tried to keep the kids from disturbing her. I really appreciate everyone who asked about her. (Thanks Agnes!)

I would like to wish everyone Happy Valentines Day. Whether you think it is commercial or not, it is still a reminder to tell your partner that you love them, which is always a good thing! Ronnie watched the kids and the dog so I could take a much needed break and go to the spa. I got my hair done, and it came out okay. I also got my eyebrows done, and do not even want to talk about how those came out! OMG! I will just fix them tomorrow. LOL Ronnie also told me that he ordered the tripod I have been drooling over, but it did not get here in time. I did not care, I am just excited at the thought of getting to use the timer to set up shots on my camera. Who knows? Maybe I will even get in a photo or two now that something else will be holding the camera! LOL

Here is my POTD. It is the card I made Ronnie, with a lit candle, and heart confetti sprinkled across the table. We did not get a romantic dinner in the traditional sense. Ronnie picked up Applebees so I could relax, and spend time with the kids. We ate as a family, with our romantic confetti by candle light. Not exactly high romance, but not too shabby either.



Last but not least, I have a layout to share. It reminds me that even when things are bad like they have been lately, life is still beautiful, and I have a lot to be thankful for. As always you can click on the layout to have it open in a larger window with a full description.



Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
Hugs,
Heather

8 comments:

Agnes said...

Happy Valentine's Day Heather.

I think your Applebees dinner for 5 sounds totally romantic :-)))

And so glad Lady's OK.

Summer said...

happy valentines!get well soon 4 the lady.=

=)

jacqueline said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Heather. the dinner may not be romantic, as "romatinc" for others would be, but I'm sure it had been love-filled. :)

glad you had your break. :)

Elizabeth A. said...

I'm glad Lady check out okay, even if the words coming from the vet's mouth sounded a bit like an oxymoron. Sometimes that happens when our dear little ones are in bad shape. I'm glad your tax return came just in time.

Your candlelit card sounds just wonderful. :D

Leah. said...

Take out?? Ahhhh, the good life.
I made french toast for dinner because Terry was working.

Glad Lady is okay. Your scaring me about the eyebrows though...

Suz said...

Happy Valentine's day!

I'm a GD at Scrapperie & just wanted to say hi

Jane said...

I'm so sorry to hear Lady! hope things go better!
Fantastic dinner plans!!!

Rleen said...

Hope you had a great Valentine's day.
I love your card and the gorgeous layout!