Friday, February 20, 2009

POTD 2-20-09 Mardi Gras Mambo

Today’s POTD is of Jordan’s hands holding the bunch of beads she and Alexis brought home from school today. Alexis’ class was asked to be in the parade at school, and like a sweet girl she threw her sister half of the beads she had. They have been playing with them all afternoon.

The photo was edited with the Vivid 2 Coffee Shop Action. I played around with the settings after I ran it though. Here are some more photos of them in their Mardi Gras finery. Alexis is missing her top two front teeth, and looks so cute.

DSC00008

J0rdan put all of the beads around her neck, and I started laughing because she looked like Mr. T. Then I started getting her to say, “I pity the fool….” It was priceless.

We do not go to the Mardi Gras parades, so the celebration at their school is all the celebration that we participate in. The last parade I went to in 2001 was so awful with people fighting over beads and trinkets like they were gold instead of cheap plastic. Since then we have not been back. Jordan is so sensitive to loud noises that it probably would not be a good idea anyway.

I am still upset about Lady, but I have decided to take it a day at a time, and just see what happens instead of borrowing trouble ahead of time. Thank you so much to everyone who has prayed for her, or has listened to me whining, you know who you all are. Thank you!

I have got to go cook dinner, so I will leave you with a video of my favorite Mardi Gras song. It has been my favorite ever since I was a little girl. I love Mardi Gras music, just not the parades. LOL

Hugs!

Heather

6 comments:

Leah. said...

Thinking about you and Lady :(
Take care!
The girls look adorable!!!

Rleen said...

Awesome photos Heather! I love how you edited the photos. Those beads are gorgeous!

agnes said...

You have such an adorable family Heather.

Amanda Sevall said...

I love zydeco (mardi gras) music! They have it at a local jazz festival my family has attended every year since I was little :) I have a bunch of it in my itunes - my favorite group that I've seen live is the Black Dogs. They were out of Florida somewhere. :)

Love the pics and your editing. So funny you had your daughter saying I pity the fool!! lol :)

More hugs for you and Lady too.

Elizabeth A. said...

What fun! Jessica has a whole slew of beeds, I think they must breed like gremlins or something!

jacqueline said...

i have to say that you got lovely kids! and that must be because you are a lovely mother and wife too! God bless you, Heather! :)