Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Rice Rice Baby/Questions Session 14

My POTD just makes me giggle. Brandon's new favorite food is rice. He would eat it morning, noon, and night if I let him. The only problem with this is that he makes a humongous mess. If you do not believe me, just look at the photo below.



He does not just eat the rice, he wears it as well. Apparently it is a new fashion accessory. LOL He is lucky he is cute, because I can not tell you how long all of that sticky mess takes to clean up!

In other news, Jane gave me a blog award on her blog. I really appreciate it! She is such a sweet person, and a very talented digital scrapper!



I am passing it on to Leah, Agnes, and Jacqueline.

Questions are Back! Questions Session 14

Question One: What do you do after a mistake? Do you fess up and apologize? Or just ignore the situation and hope it goes away?


I hate making mistakes, and I hate admitting that I have made a mistake even more. I always have a hard time swallowing my pride and admitting that I was wrong. This makes my husband crazy! He says... "Come on say it!" "You were wrrrrroooonng!" LOL Aggravating man. The funniest thing is that Alexis is exactly the same way. If we are caught out on a mistake, we both will grudgingly apologize.

Question Two: If you were a flower, you would be a ________? Why?

If I were a flower I would be a wildflower. Something hardy that grows anywhere with little water or sustenance. I would be a survivor. No roses or frilly flowers for me.

That is all for today. All three kids are sick, and I got them a doctor's appointment for tomorrow. It never fails, every time they are off of school on vacation, one or all of them get sick! Wish me luck in bringing them to the doctor's office and getting them out of there without them picking up another illness!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Hugs,
Heather

7 comments:

jacqueline said...

on rice: here in the Philippines, rice is staple. and i can't imagine myself not having it for my meals. :) to clean up that sticky mess, you may want to use a wet face towel to pick those grains up from your kid's face. :)

the award: am I the jacqueline there? *lol* Thank you, Heather, for that friendship award. I really appreciate it. :)

on your questions: well, sometimes i can be like you, especially with my husband. i can't seem to find the guts to apologize. but i'm learning, and i think i have to learn. saying "i'm sorry" means a lot to people we have wronged. :) and i think i'm gonna be a rose, maybe nice to look at, but not really that easy to touch. *lol*

on kids: i hope they all get well soon...

you take care, too. :)

agnes said...

Awww so sorry to hear about the kids.

Thanks for the tag Heather :-) I think I'd be a wildflower too LOL

Amelia said...

I found this blog through Jacqueline and Agnes. Like your posts :) keep it up....

I think I'm going to follow your blog now :)

Cheryl Wray said...

I LOVE your questions and answers!!! And that picture is SO cute!

Elizabeth A. said...

I'm always the peacemaker in my house. But on the flip side I do have a bit of the "I told you so". It started early in the relationship with DH - I knew his cousin was trying for a child before anyone.

Leah. said...

I hate to admit it, but I'm only 50-50 on apologizing! It depends on who it is.
You can almost always come to my house and hear me freaking on the boys for misplacing something only to find it and then say "Oh"
*insert mumbled apology no one hears*
Apolgizing to hubby's is always hard to because I think they enjoy rubbing it in.

A flower?
That's a hard one. I guess I would just pick my favourite which is a Mum. They are pretty hardy :)

Amanda Sevall said...

So cute! The picture is a crack up :) You've gotten some great pics this month!

The questions are really interesting... :)

Mistakes: Depends... 99% of the time, yep. I fess up and apologize on the spot. The other 1%? I antagonize my dh... its all about having a little fun with him before I apologize ;)

Flower: Tough question... I have to go with a Tulip. Simple, beautiful, long lasting. What's not to love about that?! :)