Thursday, February 19, 2009

Update on Lady

I got a phone call this morning from the veterinarian. The two tumors that they removed were malignant tumors. She has stage 2 cancer. She could have as little as 200 days left to live. We are consulting an oncologist, and will be getting x-rays done so we can see how far the cancer has progressed. I am devastated, but even more worried about how she is, and how my kids will take her failing health.

Ronnie and I have decided that we will not make her suffer though chemo. We want her to have the highest quality of life possible, and then when she starts suffering, then we will have her put to sleep. I will be spending as much time with her as I can, and I plan to take as many photos of her as she will tolerate. Please pray for her, and for our family. I will never underestimate the power of prayer, so who knows, maybe we will get a miracle.

Here is an older photo of Lady when Jordan dressed her up in a tutu. She is the best dog. Ever!

000_3222

Hugs,

Heather

Technorati Tags:

9 comments:

agnes said...

Oh Heather. I am so sorry.
But you're right -- miracles do happen.

Dawn said...

Oh, my heart goes out to you. Poor little thing...I am defiantly praying for you guys. I know a lot of people think it's stupid to be so attached to pets but they really do become a part of the family. Shortly after we moved here almost 2 years ago we found our Dog, Oreo missing from the yard. Since she was always escaping but returned home safely we just thought she would end up on the doorstep but as we drove down the street we saw her in the road...hit by a car, there was nothing we could do. My brother in law moved her off the road so that we didn't see her again. It was so hard...she was the best dog ever and always friendly and playful...I still get really sad and miss her energy and her big ol smile (I swear she smiled!!). So, please know that I really do feel for you and I know exactly how you must be hurting right now. I love you though and you are in my thoughts!!

Jill Sarginson said...

Heather, I am so sorry about Lady! :( Big hugs. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you and let's pray for a miracle.

jacqueline said...

it's a sad news about Lady. :(

but i agree with you, make her life as comfortable as possible, enjoy every moment you can with her. i'm sure the kids would like to be closer to her now, more than ever...

i'll be praying for you guys.. :)

Jane said...

Oh Heather!!! I'm so sad...I hate hearing news like this. You pray and we'll pray and you never know right? HUGS!!!

Beth said...

oh i'm sorry for your news. hugs.

Nnairda's said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that you and family are dealing with this. The loss of a pet is like losing a family member.

Keeping you all in my prayers!

{{{Hug}}}

Elizabeth A. said...

After making a pj bottom emergency repair for dd while after reading your post, and listening over and over to the computer play Iris (I did not know that was the name of the song before!) I can say it sounds exactly as you and your family are feeling now.

Trust me the world does understand and we are all here giving you prayers and a huge pile of emotional support.

In all that we have been through together and now dear lady, I offer you all the support I have to give.

Amanda Sevall said...

Oh Heather. Hugs to you and your family. We had a dog that had a tumor that grew so large it surrounded his heart and was stopping it from beating. They took the tumor out, no chemo, and he lived another year. Faith that it will be okay and loving the little furball is definitely the best medicine for everyone. My heart goes out to you - the dying of a furry member of your family is so difficult. I'll be thinking of you. Hugs - Amanda