Monday, March 23, 2009

Freebie Digi Kit and Today's POTD

As part of my JAD's design team position, I am sharing some of my older paper packs with the girls there. I thought the only nice thing to do would be to share them with everyone as a freebie! The first one I am sharing is one of my favorites I ever did. It is inspired by life in New Orleans. The preview is below.



You can download it here. I really appreciate comments if you have a free minute!

I also have today's POTD to share. I have a bit of an obsession with Stickles, and while I have no where near the collection that some of my friends do, I was having a hard time finding a storage solution for my small space. I finally came up with using Velcro to adhere them along the bottom of my bulletin board. They are stored upside down, just like they are supposed to be. Yes, I have them organized by color. Every time I look at them, it just makes me happy! If I have two of one color I use a marker to mark which one is opened and in use. It keeps me from having two open at the same time.



Thanks for stopping by my blog,
Hugs!
Heather

19 comments:

Agnes said...

That is such a sweet picture Heather!

jacqueline said...

wow! neatly organized. :) it avoids adding clutter to your workspace. :)

Amelia said...

it's nice to see things well organized. thanks for sharing your design :)

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 23 Mar [LA 08:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 24 Mar [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).

Michelle said...

What a cool picture, Heather!! Love the rainbow of colors! I only have three (the first three colors in your pic). LOL I haven't used them much either. :)

Mandy said...

Cool photo! going ot download the digi kit too Thanks! Have a great Monday!

Leah. said...

Ooooh a digi kit!!!!! Yeah!
Hello Mrs. OCD!!!!! LOL.
Loving your organizational skills!

Roper said...

Love your paper pack, thank you

Phyldar said...

These papers are marvelous - thanks for sharing them!

terry said...

I love these rich dark colors--thanks for sharing. GREAT idea for the Stickles as well!

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Elements Only, Papers Only post on Mar. 24, 2009. Thanks again.

Miracle said...

Thankyou so much love the texture of the papers.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much - love the deep colours

Cindy said...

Thank you for sharing.

Solo said...

Wow!
Great post.That is such a neat and organized stuff.Love the way they look so clean.Thanks for sharing it to us..;D

Jane said...

Free stuff...you know I love that!!! this looks so cool and edgey...love it!!!

Angi said...

love the digi kit! in all my time off I never did step into my scrap studio, but we'll see if I can squeeze in a bit in the next two weeks before my surgery - otherwise it will be about a month before I would even consider attempting anything.....you don't scrap when you still have anestesia in your system, lol!
but after my surgery I'll have to work my way back in there, especially since I am feeling so much better these days. neighborhood drama is at an all time low as of late, which is a miracle!
anyway, thought I'd stop by and catch up now that my puter is back and I thought I would thank you for all the support you've given me.
hope things are good for y'all - and those strawberries are delish!

Rleen said...

Heather,
I love your freebie digi kit. One day I'll bother you about the digi stuffs lol...
Your POTD is awesome!
WOW! Stickles????? I love all those colors. I really want to buy more but it's too expensive here lol.... I just won all my stickles from the challenges. But I really want the yellow and orange so maybe I better close my eyes and buy some here lol....

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Arlene

Elizabeth said...

I love the velcro idea it's great! You have stickles and I have embroidery threads, though something tells me you have more colors than I do. LOL! I'm certain that means I need to go shopping. :D