Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tree Hugger, and Why You Should Not Hug Trees

We had an extremely busy day today. We were up at the crack of dawn to bring Alexis to her psychiatrist's office. I had to drive through pea soup thick fog to get to the appointment. Thank goodness I had the good sense to leave early. After we dropped the girls at school, Brandon and I went and bought milk and aluminum foil. We stopped by the house to put the milk in the refrigerator, and then headed to get Alexis' medicine.

While we waited for it to be filled, we went to the park across the street. We had a wonderful time, and I got some really great photos! Brandon insisted on hugging the trees in the park, and when he found one that had fallen down he had to hug it too. (See the photo below!) Here is the one I chose for the photo of the day... (This is the reason why you should not hug trees! They have creepy things in them. ) It is rather pretty with the droplets in the web. You can even see the worms building the nest if you look closely. Gross but strangely pretty.



Here is my little tree hugger! He is such a funny little man. I have no clue why he feels like he has to hug trees, but it sure makes for some cute photos. (And scrapbook pages later on!)



Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs,
Heather

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Such a handsome little tree hugger you have there. It's great that the park is right across the street from the drugstore. I'm certain it makes going there much easier (unless of course you're in a hurry and don't have time to stop and play!)

jacqueline said...

LOL that was a funny scene of Brandon hugging the tree LOL

he is just sooooo cute! :)

Amelia said...

He is so adorable :) he really likes trees, isn't?

Rleen said...

WOW! What a cute little boy hugging the tree. lol... that's so funny but adorable :) Thanks for sharing.

Heather, thank you so much for all the sweet comments you left in my blog. I really appreciate it.

Have a great day!

Leah. said...

He is a lover of nature, that's why!!!

I just want to squeeze that boy, he's so darn cute!

Mandy said...

Aww too cute! made me giggle reading this today.

Cheryl Wray said...

Wow!! That web photo is AWESOME!!!

I love days at the park!

MindyRadio said...

I seriously can not wait to see how you scrap that picture. It is so stinkin' adorable.