Saturday, April 25, 2009

Camera Withdrawal

This is my photo of the day for Thursday. Ronnie did not appreciate being called "recliner man". I do not know why. LOL He hates having his photo taken with a passion. I had to sneak up on him and take the photo quickly. That recliner is the most comfortable thing ever. I bought it for him years ago. It is a tall man recliner and is huge. Brandon and I frequently sleep in it when he is not feeling well. I love that thing. It is so much a part of what makes our home a home.



Another sneaky photo! Ronnie had the day off on Friday so he could pack for his trip to the NASCAR race in Talladega, Alabama this weekend. He and Alexis go to the April race every single year. It is a lot of fun for them. I got this photo as he took the kids off of the bus and walked them to the door. It was taken through my front window. Yes, I am sneaky, but I have to be or he makes faces! Something about this photo just makes me sigh. He is such a good Daddy. He feels so bad that Jordan is not old enough to go to Talladega yet. The loud noises would just be too much for her. She is very sensitive to noise, and of course she begged to go with him. I said "No", so I am the bad guy. =0( I am having camera withdrawal because Ronnie took it to Talladega with him, but I should have some really cool photos to share when they get back. So that is a good thing. Right? Who am I kidding? I miss my camera!



Ronnie called this evening and they had a really great time at the race, and are looking forward to the cup race tomorrow. I am looking forward to some more scrapbooking time. I made my first set of altered trading cards today, and 2 layouts. Hopefully I will get to create some more tomorrow. My in laws took Brandon and Jordan out to eat this morning, and then they brought them over to my sister in law's house to play until four o'clock. I was all by myself for most of the day. For the first part I was loving the peace and quiet, but around lunch time when there was no one to eat with I missed them. They drive me nuts, but they are mine! I even went and got them early.

Now I am up late posting this then I am going to bed. It is so quiet and weird when Ronnie and Lexie are gone.

Hugs,
Heather

9 comments:

jacqueline said...

hi Heather. that is such a lovely pic of Ronnie and the kids.

what a great bonding moment for Ronnie and Alexis, the race! :) that is SO cool. :)

i'll be waiting for the pics. :)

have a great time, Heather.

Agnes said...

LOL about the sneaky photos :-)

I never understood why they make chairs that aren't comfortable.

Leesa said...

I am having recliner envy right now! That thing seriously looks SO comfortable!!! I'm not much for having my picture taken either... so I can relate to your poor husband. :-)

Leah. said...

LOL!!! I don't have many photos of Terry for the same reason. I REALLY love the shot of him getting the kids of the bus. He is a good Daddy. Enjoy your time and quiet, you will be missing it again before you know it!

Can't wait to see what you have been scrapping.

Elizabeth said...

Sorry to hear about the camera withdrawl. When I saw the title of your post I thought you were sad from lack of things to photograph with most of the gang gone most of the time, but so not the case here. Enjoy the peace.

Summer said...

I love the second photo too.I know how you miss your camera.;D
And we can't wait too for those great photos when Ronnie is back..;D
Looking forward on your next post.;D

http://www.soloden.com

Solo said...

Oh! Can't wait to see those loving picture from your great camera..;D
Hope to see more from you.;)

http://www.solofoodtrip.com

Jill Sarginson said...

I say take the photos anyway and then make the layout- haha! Ever since I posted that one of Dean, I've gotten pretty much ALL smiles! :D

Jane said...

you are a very sneaky lady but I do understand that you need to do that from time to time, since I do too!!! I love the "recliner man" photo LOL such a manly photo!!