Saturday, April 4, 2009

Chuck E Cheese Phobia

Friday at my house was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and the birds were chirping. Brandon and I sat outside and enjoyed the nice breeze. He played in the sandbox while I sat and absorbed the rays. I took this photo for my POTD of a bouquet of flowers I picked out of my flower garden and yard. We have the prettiest wildflowers growing wild right now.



When Jordan and Alexis got home, Ronnie called to ask me if I wanted to take the kids to Chuck E Cheese. For those of you who do not know what Chuck E Cheese is... imagine a room full of games for kids stuffed with about one hundred kids running around. Then add in super loud music, awful food, and imagine that it costs an arm and a leg to participate in all of this "fun". Oh, and do not forget the mechanical animal figures that dance really creepily to music. Yeah. It is that much "fun"! The kids really love going. So I agreed to go. It was not too crowded so that made me feel slightly better. LOL

Everything was going really well. The kids played all of the games they wanted, then they ate their cold yucky pizza. When it was time to leave Chuck E Cheese, (Well a guy in a Chuck E Cheese suit anyway...) started coming around to all of the tables. Jordan is terrified of people in character suits, but at the same time she is very intrigued as well. She asked her Daddy to go by him, and then Ronnie gave Chuck E Cheese a high five, and asked if Jordan wanted to high five him as well. All of the sudden Jordan hollered, "NO, NO, NO!" "His hands STINK!" At the top of her voice. Ronnie made a quick retreat as we snickered and giggled our way out of the place. LOL

Today I taught two classes back to back my local scrapbook store. I also helped Dee prepare for National Scrapbook Day at Scrappersaurus. I called Ronnie on the way home to ask him to move his truck so I could get into the driveway after work. When I drove up, I saw Brandon sitting in Ronnie's lap "driving". That brought back so many memories of when my grandpa used to let me do that. I grabbed my camera and ran to catch the perfect photo of the day. (In my opinion anyway!)



I spent the rest of the evening catching up on card making for the Snail Mail Challenge over at Scrapperie. I do not know why, but I completely suck at making cards! Give me layouts any day! The contest they are running is really cool, so if you get a spare second... Check it out!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!
Hugs,
Heather

16 comments:

Courtney said...

I agree with your comments on Chuckie Cheese. It is a crazy place. I am hoping we can keep that place a secret from my nephew, but kids always seem to find out! BTW I am courtneyrapp over at SB.com

Angi said...

I'm with ya on the card thing. I think it's the smaller space. I always get creative block when doing a card and often have to look online for inspiration. Cards are best when kept simple!

Mandy said...

Had to giggle about the Chuckie Cheese i remember going there when I was little ahhh. Can't wait to see your cards i bet there are wonderful!
Thanks so much for stopping by Mavs blog I really appreciate it! Your so sweet!

Jane said...

I'm so jealous...you have spring flowers growing!!!! whaaaa!!! Mine are going to get frozen if this weather doesn't straighten out soon!! Cute photo of hubby and Brandon!!

Leah. said...

I hate Chuckie Cheese myself. Yuck. I don't blame you. His hands stink? LOL!! That's hilarious.

Love the shot of Brandon and Ronnie!

TheresaK said...

When Mr Cheese comes out Reese flies up into the sliding board tunnel thing, and hides. She will watch him in horror!!!! Poor thing, everytime she says she is going to go up to him, she chickens out and runs away!!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, luckily that place is way far away from here. DD is done with arcade style stuff in about a half an hour anyhow, so it's not so bad. Our local CiCi's has a tiny game room and so far that seems to work for us. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the long haul.

Jill Sarginson said...

hahaha - LOVE your description of chuckie cheese (although I've never been!). And great pic in the truck - Abba always drives with Dean down on street (and he lets her steer). It's QUITE hilarious! She is all over the road b/c she just goes back and forth, back and forth ... it makes me giggle ... I'm sure our neighbours think we are awful parents!!!! lol. I am so jealous that you get to teach at your LSS!

Summer said...

Oh i can't wait to see you cards..
I'm sure they are beautiful.;D
Love that shot of Ronnie and Brandon..;D Have a great day.

Cheryl Wray said...

That flower picture is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I only visit Chuck E. Cheese when it is completely necessary (like the one time Sydney was determined her bday party would be there. Otherwise...ugh!)

Agnes said...

Oh, those flowers are so pretty!

Chuck E Cheese is a wild place LOL!

LOL Jordan and the stinky hands!

Solo said...

Love those flowers that you posted,and the photo of Ronnie and Brandon.;D Hope you have a wonderful day.;D

MaRLeNeF said...

LOL How funny is that! I loved reading your Chuckie Cheese story. That place is a madhouse, both my sons had their parties there too. Your pictures are awsome :) Have a great day! xxx Marlene

Scrapper Mom said...

We've never been b/c the nearest one is about 60 miles away...I've never heard anyone describe Chuck E. Cheese quite like that though!

YourScrapbookStash.com said...

I used to love CEC's as a kid but now its horrible! We took my son the other day and the placed was as bad as you described but it smelled like stinky cheese feet. Just nasty little bare feet all over. I'm convinced there are viruses (viri?) breeding in that place.

jacqueline said...

LOL kids don't lie! that man's hands might really be stinky! :)

i don't think i would like to go to Chuck E Cheese myself. :)