Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

We have been planning our Easter celebration for a while, but our plans changed at the last minute. We were supposed to go to my grandparent's house, but unfortunately I got sick. My grandmother recently got out of the hospital where she was diagnosed with COPD, and I did not feel that going down there to visit was in her best interest. I would have felt so bad if she got sick. Instead, we planned to stay home, and adapt as best we could. The kids had a blast decorating cupcakes with "grass" (shredded coconut dyed green with food coloring), and hiding jellybean eggs in the "grass" on the cupcakes. Then we dyed Easter eggs. I caught this particularly adorable shot of Ronnie helping Jordan with her eggs.



This morning when the kids woke up they got their Easter baskets, and ate candy before the sun was up. Alexis and Jordan each got a cute Summer outfit, and Brandon got a tiny baseball glove and ball. After I drank my coffee and the sun came up a little, I went outside to hide Easter eggs. When we let them loose to go hunt, this was one of the first photos I snapped. It is my photo of the day for today.



However, it was NOT the best photo I got. I liked it because it had all three kiddos together in the shot. Here are some other shots that I loved! These are all edited with Coffee Shop Actions. (Thank you!) The first photo is Alexis sitting in the grass in her Easter dress. This one is edited with the Orton action. I love how soft and dreamy it ended up!



Here is our Easter pug! Lady Belle laid down in the midst of a pile of Easter eggs, and I just could not resist snapping a few photos of her. I love how this one came out. It was edited with the Vivid action.



Here is Miss Jordan going through her eggs to see what kind of loot she got! She was eating her jelly beans and sitting in the grass. I love the way her hair was blowing in the wind. She is just too cute. (Edited with the Lomo action.)



Last but not least in any way, here is Mr. Bubba bouncing on his pony. I love the look of joy on his face. That boy just makes me smile every time I look at him! I edited these two with the Color Pop 2 action.



See Auntie Lisa? I told you they loved their bouncy toys! LOL



Thanks for stopping by my blog! I wish each and every one of you a truly Happy Easter!

Hugs,
Heather

14 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Glad to hear everyone at your house had a great Easter. The girls dresses are beautiful, and your pictures WOW, now I can hardly wait to see you scrapbook those!

Leah. said...

Oh man!!!! I adore Alexis's dress!!! That is exactly the kind of dress I would buy for my daughter, if I had one and all. LOL!!! You have such gorgeous photos! I was pouting because the grass is still dead and non green here and my kids are wearing big jackets to hunt their eggs. It looks like you had a great Easter even though you had to stay home.

xoxo,
me

Courtney said...

Looks like everyone had a great Easter at your house. I love all your photos!

Michelle said...

I love all of your photos! Lexie looks cute sitting there in the grass. I, too, love that shot of Miss Jordan with her hair blowing in the breeze. The last one of Brandon and his big smile is priceless. Brittany LOVES Lady's picture!! :) She's cute! She says. I am glad you were able to pull something together with not going to your grandma's. I hope she is doing o.k. Talk to you soon! I will add mine to my blog, as soon as I get them edited, and the house is quiet!

Summer said...

Those are such a lovely photos..;D
Looks like everybody had fun celebrating Easter..;D Have a great week.

Rleen said...

Hi Heather,
HAPPY EASTER to you and to your beautiful family. I love all your fantastic photos. Look like the kids had fun! Thanks for sharing!
Have a great evening!
Hugs,
Arlene

Solo said...

Love that Alexis' shot.Looks like she's a real model..;D Happy Easter.;D

Dawn said...

Those pictures are wonderful!!! I'm so sorry your plans got changed. :0( Hope you are feeling better very soon! Happy Resurrection day! He lives!

Amelia said...

Happy Easter Heather!!

Alexis si so cute...lady-like pose. I love the Easter-egg hunt :)

Cheryl Wray said...

GREAT pictures, and those expressions are priceless!!!

Mandy said...

Great photos! Glas you all had a great Easter!

jacqueline said...

happy Easter! (though my greeting is really very late now)

i enjoyed looking at the photos. :) cool shots you got there! :)

MaRLeNeF said...

Glad you had a good Easter! Your children are so beautiful, love your photos :) Hugs, Marlene

Jane said...

fabulous Easter shots!!