Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I am NOT sleepy!

Jordan has been home from school all week. She has another respiratory infection so we are doing breathing treatments and all sorts of fun stuff. When I took her to the doctor on Monday she and Brandon decided it would be cute to hide under the examination bench so we would have to pull them out when the doctor came in the room. Brandon had spent the previous twenty minutes having a temper tantrum (The terrible twos are hitting hard.), so I decided that letting them play under the bench quietly was the lesser of two evils. LOL



She still did not feel any better yesterday, and was super cranky. She kept refusing to take a nap. Finally I persuaded her to lay on her pillow by the TV. I told her she did not have to sleep, she only had to rest. She yelled, "But I am NOT sleepy!" Five minutes later she was snoring. She is lucky she is cute... that is all I have to say about that! LOL



After we left the doctor's office on Monday I stopped at the library for some intellectual stimulation. Also known as a HUGE pile of books... I decided to make them my photo of the day today, because they were quiet and not being cranky like the other available models in my house. It looks like Jordan will miss the entire week of school. I love her to bits, and I enjoy her being home, but when she is sick I end up exhausted from getting up with her in the night, and trying to keep her from waking her brother up from his nap. If that happens... chaos reigns!



I hope everyone is having a happy April Fool's day! We are not really big into the tricks and all. Although I did wake Alexis up by telling her the bus would be here in five minutes! She rushed around and was dressed in three minutes. Then she came into the kitchen and looked at the time and I yelled, "April Fool's!" Ever since then she keeps telling me "Hey!" "Mom there's a spider on your head." Even when I do not react, she still yells "April Fools"! LOL I do not think she understands the concept completely yet.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Hugs,
Heather

10 comments:

Agnes said...

LOL about Jordan NOT being tired! :-D

Wow, so many books! How I wish I had more time to read...

Heather, I can't believe it's April already!!!!

Summer said...

Oh it's April already..Hope everyone is ok.And have a great day.;D
Happy Fool's day..;D

Amelia said...

cute little Jordan and hope Brandon is ok now..

happy april fool's day...1st quarter has already passed just like that...

you got loads of books to read on :)

Michelle said...

Hope Jordan sleeps tonight for you. And, may I add... WOW! That is a pile of books!! I actually need to go to the libraby.. by myself.. in order to find any. Since that won't be happening anytime soon, I don't think I will have books to read. (and, no. No blog up yet!) :) Soon, I promise! :)

jacqueline said...

i don't really understand why kids hate to take their afternoon nap... but upon resting their heads on pillows they easily fall asleep. LOL...

have a happy April, Heather. and thanks for the sweet comments you always leave on my pages. :)

Nonoy said...

Those are great books.:D
And i hope that Brandon is ok.And have a great day!

Mandy said...

POTD are so cool! Hope she is feeling better soon! Thanks for stoppign by Mav's blog!! Have a great day!

Leah. said...

You know, that gigantic pile of books is looking really appealing!

Hope Jordan feels better soon.
Love the story of her not being tired. LOL

Jill Sarginson said...

I hope Jordan is better?!
And seriously, are you REALLY going to read ALL those books!!!! yikes!

Elizabeth said...

I hope Jordan is doing better now. It's so hard to be little!

Happy reading