Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sick As A Dog

Yeah, so I suck at keeping my posts down to once a week. It is just not going to happen. Hehe Here are my photo of the day updates first!

On Saturday we brought the kids out to play and Brandon left his little character from Cars on one of our stepping stones. The kids made the stepping stones a while back at their Aunt's house by pressing shells and glass pebbles into the concrete. I thought it made a great photo. I had to get down on my knees to get it on macro mode, but I think it is really neat seeing how beat up it is. Or shall we say how loved?



We spent Sunday doing a bit of Spring cleaning around the house. In the Kitchen mostly. I took a photo of the super clean kitchen after it was over. I hated having to do it, but after it was done I felt a great sense of accomplishment. (The photo was edited with a Coffee Shop Action.)



Ronnie is so funny! I think that I may have mentioned a time or two how completely car obsessed his is. He spends a lot of time looking at cars, and deciding what he wants to do with the cars we have. (Currently three of them.) When we got our tax return he informed me that we needed new tires on my van. I assumed he would order whatever was sufficient, but I ended up with Pirelli tires. On a mini van!!! He pimped my van. LOL I do like them as they are wider and give the van a more steady feel. On another note, I have to bring the van in for service tomorrow because sometimes the window will not roll up when you roll it down AND sometimes the windshield wipers do not work. I am thinking it must be something electrical. Thank goodness we bought the extended warranty.



I got this really cute photo of Brandon the other day. He got disgustingly dirty, and I had to put him in the tub in the middle of the day. He was just thrilled since he loves taking baths and kept giving me a big cheesy grin. He is a little stinker. Literally! That is enough hint right there at what he did! LOL



Today was a sick day for Brandon and I. I started feeling really bad yesterday morning. I have a fever, sore throat, and ache all over. I think I have the flu which totally sucks because Jordan has her preschool graduation pageant tomorrow and I do not want to miss it. If I feel the same way tomorrow afternoon as I do now, I do not know if I will make it to her ceremony. Brandon started feeling bad last night and has just been so cranky and whiny. Of course I am really sympathetic toward him because I am feeling quite cranky myself. Here he is passed out on the floor in his bedroom. Poor thing!



For all of you SCAL and digital scrapbook users who read my blog... I am working on putting together a border set just like the new border punches that have come out recently. Hopefully, I will be able to create a notebook border too, so stay tuned for that!

I am going to go lay down for a while. The kids just got home, and they are going to watch a movie in the front room while I lay down on the couch. Jordan's last day of preschool is tomorrow. I can not believe Summer got here that quickly!

8 comments:

lifeheARTist said...

Pirelli tires?? hahahaha! That sounds like something Kevan would do. So when is he going to install the spoiler & blower? Kevan wanted to have a lift installed in my truck and I looked at him and said "Um...wheelchairs?" Could ya just see me trying to hoist total care kids and their wheelchairs in to a lifted truck? Silly boys! ; ) I saw your entry too and it was very pretty! I love how you use lots of pics in some of your LOs... I do the same thing. It's so hard to decide on just a pic or 2 sometimes! Yep, I didn't win either but oh well... how the cookie crumbles! LOL! I was wondering if they saw my entry at all as the only traffic I've had on my blog since I posted my entries were from those I know (local)... oh, and someone from Budhapest (sp?). I think mine may have been overlooked but that's ok too. I'm going to see about submitting to some other publications. I'd love to be on a DT or someday be published. You have some beautiful pages. Do you submit at all? If not, you totally should! Well, off to make some last minute teacher gifts. Talk later & hope you & your little guy are feeling better soon!

Z said...

hope you feel better--get some rest take vitamin c--either a pill or oj and rest. Those are the best things for the symptoms you are having!!

Leah. said...

I'm sorry you are sick. Strep throat maybe? I hope it's not the flu. Loving all your photos and that you can't stay away from blogging!!!!!

Get well!

Elizabeth said...

So sorry to hear you and Brandon are down in the dumps, hopefully it's passed and you're enjoying Jordan's special day. :D

My kitchen needs a good clean over like that. Would you believe last night I dreamed I wanted the kitchen flip flopped from where it is? As in everything on the other side? I know crazy, as soon as I woke up I knew the look DH would give me if I told him about it.

Amelia said...

what a neat kitchen and dining table you have....Brandon is so cute :)

take care Heather..hope you'll not gonna miss Jordan's preschool graduation :) all the best! and congrats to Jordan :)

Michelle said...

I was thinking about you.. wondering how you were feeling!! Poor thing! I hope you feel better soon, and Brandon feels better soon too! Drinks lots of liquids and try and get some rest! :)

Z said...

just wanted to let you know I nominated you for an award check out my blog --thanks

jacqueline said...

i envy the kitchen, Heather! :)

hope you're feeling better by now, and the kids too!