Friday, June 5, 2009

Mile in these Shoes

Just to let everyone know, there are a lot of things going on in my life lately with the kids out for the Summer. I have also been having some health problems, and I am dealing with issues with Alexis’ medications, so I am not posting as much as I would like to. I have not disappeared!

Here are the latest pictures for my photo of the day project. On May 31st, we played board games as a family. Brandon has a hard time reaching everything from a chair, so he usually climbs on the table and sits there. They were playing the fishing game, which is Brandon’s favorite.

Since the van has been out of commission while waiting on the rear window to get fixed, I have had to find sitters for two out of the three kids if I need to go anywhere. On Monday I had my sister in law watch Alexis and Brandon so I could bring Jordan to therapy in Ronnie’s old beat up truck. Here is a photo of her eating her after therapy snack (chocolate chip cookies). I do not think she would have shared if I asked her. What do you think? She looks kinda mean. LOL

6-1-09

On Tuesday, our activity of the day was watching the movie Finding Nemo. I snapped this photo of all three kiddos riveted to the television screen. I teased Ronnie so badly about buying this huge television, but you can tell even in this photo how awesome the picture is. The colors are so vibrant.

6-2-09

On Wednesday, I noticed our tomato plant (Mirrow) has started growing tomatoes. We have three tiny tomatoes, and Jordan is just thrilled! Here they are!

6-3-09

Last night Jordan was practicing her reading. I found a great website years ago with reading and alphabet practice called Starfall.com. The kids all love it and it has several different stages of difficulty. The best part, is that it is free! Here is Miss Jojo getting educated. =0) Do not blame me for that messy desk, it is Ronnie’s, not mine!

6-4-09

Last but not least, this morning I caught an adorable photo of Brandon trying to walk a mile in my shoes. He did not get very far because he had them on sideways. LOL Is he not the cutest thing? He said, “Itsa Momma shoe!” “We go bye!” I think he is tired of being cooped up in the house. Hopefully once the van gets fixed tomorrow we will be able to go places again! (Edited with the CoffeeShop Hot Chocolate action.)

6-5-09

10 comments:

Angi said...

Look at those lil tomatoes, you go Ms. Green Thumb! I'm gonna have to do me some potted tomato plants next year since it's already too late this year for it. I never thought about doing it in a pot until I read that you did.
I'm glad to hear your window is getting fixed soon. I feel for you being all couped up with 3 kids. I think I would lose my mind! I only have one and she's driving me bonkers.

Agnes said...

Hi Heather, welcome back :-)

I love all the photos, especially the second one :-D Jordan and her cookie, LOL!

Get well soon, Heather (nothing serious I hope?)

Elizabeth said...

I agree with Angi, way to go on your tomatoes! We've picked 7 off the volunteer plant so far, with none off the hanging upside down ninny yet.

Your photos are beautiful, wishing you all the best.

Leah. said...

Well it looks like your finding plenty of things to keep the kids occupied!!!
I hope you will be feeling better soon!!!!!!

Hope to hear from you soon too :)

Michelle said...

Hey there Girlie! I am glad your van is getting fixed!! I would of come and rescued you, if you and I lived closer!! Being at opposite ends of the Ole Mighty Mississippi doesn't help much! I so know about those "mean" looks!! Those are the same ones I get from Britty! I think they can be kinda cute at timest too. One tomato plant I bought came with a few buds on it. It's raining today!! Finally! It's been so dry.. good for my little garden!! I tend to agree with you, Brandon wanted to go somewhere! Cute pic!! Ben runs around in our shoes too! I truly hope you are feeling better!!! I will touch base with you before I fly out on Wed!!

Courtney said...

Glad to see your back! Starfall is a great website, we recommend it to our parents.

lifeheARTist said...

aww...Great pics of the kids! I've been MIA myself. Lots of things going on and just haven't found the time to be a very good blogger. At the end of the day I feel better knowing that I did what i could vs. documenting it all. LOL! It seems like I've fallen into bed lately at the end of the day without remembering my noggin hittin' the pillow! I think I've run myself silly too! Hang in there girl & pop in when you can. : ) Glad to hear that you're getting the van fixed! That will be a big relief for you! {{{HUGS}}}

Summer said...

Nice photos.. Look at the last photo so cute! =) Glad you are back, hope to see more.=)

A Writers Den
The Brown Mestizo

Jill Sarginson said...

You get the most adorable photos!!!! And the colour on that television looks awesome!

Hope you get your van back soon! :)

jacqueline said...

Finding Nemo could get my husband hooked too! :)

three tomatoes for your three kids... they'd be more thrilled when picking time comes. :)