Monday, July 13, 2009

Knock Knock

Yesterday evening at the dinner table Jordan told us that she had a joke for us. I thought I would share it.

Jordan: Knock Knock!
Me: Who's there?
Jordan: Cargo.
Me: Cargo who?
Jordan: Cargo "Beep Beep!".

(Insert hysterical toddler laughter here.) Even I couldn't help giggling. I'm such a sucker for knock knock jokes. Brandon got in on the fun as soon as he heard we were talking about cars.

Brandon: Knock Knock!
Me: Who's there?
Brandon: It's a car!
Me: It's a car who?
Brandon: Knock Knock!
Me: Who's there?
Brandon: It's a car!
Me: It's a car who?
Brandon: Knock Knock!

He just kept doing it over and over. Jordan and Alexis were crying because they were laughing so hard. Little moments like those are the ones that make parenting worth while.

I ended up teary eyed this morning too. I've been trying to teach Brandon to say "I love you." He keeps trying, and it usually comes out a bit garbled, but you can understand what he means. He always waits for me to say it first before he repeats it though. Until this morning...

We were sitting in the car waiting for Jordan to finish therapy when he came up behind my seat and leaned his head on my shoulder. He looked up at me and said "I wub woo."

Yep, even though there are some bad days... this parenting thing ain't all bad. *Sigh*

7 comments:

Agnes said...

Awwwww, Heather, so sweet..... and his knock knock lines ARE funny, period. LOL!!!

Leesa said...

Geez, Heather! You are making me cry now. I can so relate with you though. There are days/times where Noah is about to push my nerves over the edge. Then, all of the sudden he does something that is so beyond sweet or adorable and he just makes my heart melt. I'm with you, I sure love this mommy job, too!

Summer said...

"knock knock!" lol. Yeah you're right those little things that you were together laughing. Are the best memories of being a parent..=D

Michelle said...

Those are just so cute and so sweet. These are the things that brighten your day and make your heart melt. It can make a bad day so good!! This is the hardest, but the best job ever. Ben told Greg the other day, "your perfect". They were playing t-ball and Greg hit it off the T and Ben told him that. I tell Ben that all them time. I thought it was so sweet, he passed it onto his daddy.

jacqueline said...

that is so sweet of Brandon... :)

now i'm jealous... i hope to have a baby soon! :)

Jane said...

Awwww...it brought a tear to my eye...what sweet words to hear from you little guy!!!

Leah. said...

Awwwwww. Yep you have to focus on the positive's or you will never make it and your kids are adorable!!!!
Love the jokes. LOL

Brandon and I love you melts my heart. Joseph just started saying it not long ago. I would say it to him all day long and got nothing, finally one day he came up and tugged on my pants and said "Wud You" I was busy and didn't even realize what he was saying, just said yep and kept doing what I was doing and then I realized what he said and went and found him and told him I loved him back. He still says it "Wud you" and it's the best! Scrapbook page? Hmmmmmm...