Monday, August 24, 2009

Life’s a Dance

Life's a dance you learn as you go,
Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow,
Don't worry about what you don't know,
Life's a dance you learn as you go.

-John Michael Montgomery

Sometimes I get stressed out about what the future will hold for my children and my family. Lately, I’ve been trying to be more laid back. These lyrics remind me that everyone learns as they go, and that it’s okay to take it all one day at a time.

When you think of life as a dance… here are some photos that highlight our best dance moves. (Otherwise known as a Project 365 update!) Hey, you knew I was going to work that in some how didn’t you? LOL

Do you know what back to school time means at my house? Homework. I hate, despise, and detest homework. Alexis is in second grade now, and due to her ADHD and dyslexia, every night is an adventure to say the least. It is not at all her fault that it takes so long. She has such a hard time. I think it’s insane that she has so much homework. Seriously, it takes about 2 hours every night. I’m constantly having to redirect and correct her, and both of us are miserable. On Wednesday, I decided to take a photo of her doing her homework to share as part of my Project 365.

8-19-09

On Friday, Brandon and I were playing outside and he climbed up on the picnic table. He crawled all the way to the end of the table where I was sitting. Then he looked at me very seriously, and said “I wub you Mom”. So sweet! I had to take a photo of him sitting on top of the picnic table. He’s all boy!

8-20-09

I made barbeque for dinner on Friday night, and Alexis was thrilled. So thrilled, that she stuffed her mouth full of steak and she could hardly chew. I snapped a photo of her while her cheeks were all puffed out like chipmunk. When she had everything chewed and could talk again, she said, “Mooooooooooooom!” LOL Torturing my children, just one of the many services I offer. She’ll be grateful that I took so many pictures when she’s older.

8-21-09

Do you ever upload your photos to your computer and come across one that makes you sigh? That’s exactly what happened to me on Saturday. I got this awesome photo of Ronnie with all three kids. They were walking back to our car after we went to the beach in Bay St. Louis, MS. I was carrying stuff and shaking sand out of everything, when I looked over and whipped out my camera to snap this one. Would it be totally weird to put this on the front of our Christmas card? LOL

8-22-09

Here are a few other photos from our beach trip that didn’t make the photo of the day cut. This one is my new desktop background!

Linear BurnSand angels anyone?

DSC00108

I definitely believe in sunscreen. If you look close enough, you’ll see streaks of white running down Lexie’s arm from me applying it again. She doesn’t seem to mind.

DSC00095

One last beach photo… We couldn’t go in the water at all because there was an insane amount of jellyfish in it! We saw five in just the few feet of beachfront we were playing on. Brandon kept throwing things in the water instead, he just loved the splash it would make.

DSC00120

On Sunday, I took a photo of Miss Jojo swinging. We went outside and enjoyed the cool front that came through. It only got up to 80 degrees instead of the 90+ it has been. I just loved the look on her face here and her little bare feet. I edited the goodness out of this one to lighten up some shadows. Then I used a Golden Vintage action from Coffeeshop Actions.

8-23-09

Every single Monday we go to therapy at the area hospital with Jordan. We are really lucky to have a hospital with beautiful grounds here in our town. They have 4 different ponds and many beautiful fountains. They have a walking trail too. My kids think the best part of it all is the ducks. LOL Brandon and I walked around the walking trail and fed the ducks today. He thought it was the best thing ever!

8-24-09

Doesn’t he look happy?

DSC00067

4 comments:

AMKrogsgaard said...

Fabulous pictures, Heather! I love the one you chose for the wallpaper on your computer. Great job!~

Elizabeth said...

I think it's a great idea to make Christmas cards out of that photo. I had one I wanted to do that with two or three years ago but when I dug it out, the photo wasn't as great as I remembered, sad hu? That's completely not the case with yours!

Leah. said...

I just love your photo heavy posts!!!

Can't they lay of on the homework for Alexis being that it does take her longer? That doesn't seem right.

I am loving these beach photos. I will have to keep an eye out for the scrapbook pages!!

babyyahyah said...

i love that sky photo and the swing one too.

My sons have add/hd too and I am fearing homework this year. I the past years it would also take hours for us.