Friday, September 4, 2009

And So It Begins

Apparently Alexis already thinks I'm old and out of date. Here's a conversation we had this morning...

Alexis: “Hey Mom!” “Did you know we’re learning all about the past in class this week?”

Me: “No.” “Really?”

Alexis: “Yeah, Ms. Carter was talking about the 80’s!” “Were you alive in the 80’s?”

Me: “I was born in 1980.”

Alexis: (With a look of shock on her face) “Holy cow Mom, you’re old!”

Me: “I’m not that old!”

Alexis: “I bet they still had grey TV (She meant black and white.) when you were little!”

Me: “No they didn’t!” “I had color TV!”

Alexis: “Still… that’s really old.” “I didn’t know you were born that far in the past.” “I bet you saw Smokey the Bear in person!” (They’re doing fire safety this week.)

Me: “Sigh.”

6 comments:

Agnes said...

Oh dear,
I am obsolete.
LOL

Elizabeth said...

LOL! As a child also born in 1980 ;) (Hey we're not 30 yet... Oddly what kills me about that is I will still be in my 20's with a 40 year old husband, now that's a hard pill to swallow, oh well there's still 4 months to get used to the idea!) We did have a grey tv hehehe. Before I was 10 I was thrilled to call it my own!

babyyahyah said...

oh yes...my kids think i'm ancient too.

i got the b/w comment too once but one of them actually thought that everything in real life was actually gray and thats just how it was filmed...then one day all of a sudden god created color in real life....LOL. It make sense to them that things were filmed through a b/w filter.

Leah. said...

Laughing my butt off over here!
Grey T.V.? That is hilarious.

Jordan hasn't a clue about time either. He's always asking if we had pop back when I was a kid. Or skateboards. LOL. He must think I grew up in the dinosaur era!!

KristenJo said...

HAHA!!! That is toooo funny and cute :)

jacqueline said...

LOL
so i am way older! :))