Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Spouse

I decided to play along with this game posted by Baby Yayah, and I hope you do too. It's such a cute little quiz.

♥ What are your middle names?
Joy and Adam.

♥ How long have you been together?
Ten years.

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Not at all. We met because my friend dared me to post a personal ad online after I got out of a really bad relationship. I did it, and forgot about it. Two weeks later I got an email, and the rest is history!

♥ Who asked who out?
Ronnie asked me out.

♥ How old are each of you?
I am 29 and he is 30.

♥ Whose siblings do/did you see the most?
We see his sister way more than my brothers.

♥ Do you have any children together?
Yes. Three. Alexis 7, Jordan 5, and Brandon 2.

♥ What about pets?
One very spoiled rotten pug dog.

♥ Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
The uncertainty of adopting the girls. The court dates, the visitations. Never being sure if we would be able to keep them in the end or if they would go back to their biological parents.

♥ Did you go to the same school?
No, we didn't. He went to private school, and I went to public.

♥ Are you from the same home town?
Yes, which is why it was weird that we'd never met. We even had mutual friends.

♥ Who is the smartest?
I think I am. He thinks he is. LOL

♥ Who is the most sensitive?
He is. Don't tell him I said that though.

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
He likes Chili's and I like Olive Garden.

♥ Who has the worst temper?
I think it's a tie. We're both pretty hot headed.

♥ Who does the cooking?
Me, unless I'm really sick. Then he pitches in.

♥ Who is more social?
Definitely me. He's very shy.

♥ Who is the neat-freak?
Me hands down. Seriously. He could care less.

♥ Who is the more stubborn?
This one is a tie too. It makes for some interesting discussions.

♥ Who hogs the bed?
He does.

♥ Who wakes up earlier?
He does. I don't get up until I absolutely HAVE to.

♥Where was your first date?
We went out to eat, and then to see a movie. It was the first American Pie movie. The funny part about is that there was a girl named Heather who was a "goody goody, choir girl, priss". (My name is Heather, and I was in the choir.) He still teases me over that.

♥ Who has the bigger family?
I think I do. We see more of his family though, or at least we used to.

♥ Do you get flowers often?
Every now and then. I think that makes it more special when I don't expect them.

♥ How do you spend the holidays?
Playing with the kids, visiting family, and freaking out that yet another year has passed. Seriously, where does the time go?

♥ Who is more jealous?
Neither of us is particularly jealous.

♥ How long did it take to get serious?
We were engaged to be married 8 months after we met, and married 8 months after that.

♥ Who eats more?
He does.

♥ Who does/did the laundry?
I usually do, but he's had to help me since I had surgery.

♥ Who’s better with the computer?
We're both pretty good, but I'd say he's better.

♥ Who drives when you are together?
He does. I hate driving and avoid it at all costs. We actually fuss about who is going to drive when we go places.

That's it! Feel free to copy and paste this to your own blog, and link me once you get it done so I can read your answers.

6 comments:

Agnes said...

Ah! I LOVED this post, Heather. Very, very cool.

Elizabeth said...

Awww, look how sweet!

Leah. said...

I loved this! I'm going to do mine :)

Summer said...

Oh! The questions and your answers are so cool. I like it so much. =D

Summer
A Writers Den
Brown Mestizo

lifeheARTist said...

awww! Loved this! I'll cut and paste to mine... FUN! : ) How have you been? What surgery?

jacqueline said...

i enjoyed reading this. thanks for sharing it with us.

hope you are feeling so much better now after the surgery. take care.