Monday, November 2, 2009

But it's not blue...

Brandon and I ran errands today. We had to go to the pet store to buy dog food for Lady. Every single time we go to the pet store he begs for a fish. This time I had a little extra cash so I gave in. (I know I'm a sucker right?) We put a bowl, water conditioner, rocks, a plant, and food in the basket. Twenty eight dollars later, all we had left to get was a fish. We went to the wall with the Beta fish on it and I kept holding up fish.

Me: Is this the fish you want?
Brandon: No.
Me: Is this the fish you want?
Brandon: No.

Five fish later...

Me: Is this the fish you want?
Brandon: Yes! It's yellow!
Me: Ummm, honey... It's blue. Can you say blue?
Brandon: His NAME is Yellow!
Me: Oh. He's a blue fish, but his NAME is Yellow. (Duh! I get it.)

Why do I feel like I've been outsmarted by a 2.5 year old?



In scrappy news, I decided to participate in a Sketchy Thursday's Challenge today. I'm trying so hard to get my paper scrappy mojo back, and it seemed like a good place to start! If you click on the picture it'll take you to my gallery where you can see what products I used and read the description. I had a great time participating and using up some of my October Mosh Posh kit that totally rocked!

9 comments:

Agnes said...

LOL Brandon, LOL!

Diana Fisher said...

Great page!! The Cosmo Cricket papers made me smile, and that tape measure is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing!
-Diana, Sketchy Thursdays founder

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Brandon is such a cutie. Love your new Layout! Hugs

Jules said...

Oh true! Kids nowadays are so smart than us who are older than them haha. It's Yellow but it's Blue. haha

Summer
A Writers Den
Brown Mestizo

jennifer said...

Adorable page and I love the fish story lol!
Jennifer C. sketchy thursday dt

jacqueline said...

super funny Brandon. LOL

Elizabeth said...

Oh man! We have a fighting fish, he lives on the counter because we've had him 2 1/2 years. He just keeps living.

Leah. said...

Cute conversation with Brandon!!! LOL!

The Studio by Amanda Jones said...

What a cute story and even cuter page! Thanks for playing :)

Amanda x
Sketchy Thursdays DT