Saturday, November 28, 2009

I’m So Thankful

I’ve really been getting into the holiday spirit lately! Thanksgiving with my family was really wonderful. We’ve got our tree up, and we’re starting to get our Christmas lights up outside. I’ve been making my Christmas list of the things my kids want and need. I’m getting lots of great photos for my Project 365 too! Plenty of stuff going on over here as usual. Here’s the update…

Last Sunday, Ronnie called me into the bathroom to take my photo of the day. Lady was in the tub, and she was not a happy camper at all.

11-22-09

The kids have been out of school all week long. It’s been really crazy and fun. When Ronnie got in the door on Monday, Jordan jumped in his lap to talk to him. She loves him so much, and he loves her. She’s got him completely wrapped around her little finger. (You can tell by her grin that she knows that can’t you?!)

11-23-09

I’ve been planning Alexis’ birthday party for December 19th, and she asked me to make her a cake with fondant. I’ve been doing some sketches and trying to figure out what I want to do. Tuesday’s photo is of one of my sketches. It’s my favorite so far, but I think I need to add another grouping of flowers on the bottom. What do you think?

11-24-09

My sister in law called me Wednesday morning. She invited the kids and I out to eat at Cracker Barrel in Hammond. We met her at her house, and then drove to the restaurant. The kids were really good (Surprise!) and we had a nice time. After the restaurant we went to Hobby Lobby. I had never been to one before, and I thought it was awesome! We went to her house for a little while before I had to go home and cook sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving. The kids had a blast swinging on her porch swing and playing with her two poodles.

11-25-09

Thanksgiving on Thursday was really great. I got to see my family! My Uncle David came down from Texas, my brother brought his kids, and my Aunt and her boyfriend were there too. I took this really great photo of my Mom with all of her grandkids. It just makes me smile every time I see it.

11-26-09

Yesterday we put our Christmas tree up! We listened to Christmas carols, and had a wonderful time. After the tree was up, we ate cookies and drank hot cocoa together as a family. Little traditions like that… just make me happy. Here are some of the photos I took. All of these are straight out of the camera, unedited. I used a tripod, and no flash. I’m so proud of my low light photos!

11-27-09

DSC00158

Today we celebrated my mother in law’s birthday. We had company all day. I baked a gigantic cupcake for her, and we had Applebee’s for lunch. As part of the celebration, we painted ornaments for our Christmas tree. All of the grown ups pitched in to help the kids. Here’s a photo of Brandon and I painting. We made a HUGE mess!

11-28-09

I haven’t been feeling well at all, so I think I’m going to sign off and go drink some more Theraflu. That’s the only bad part about this time of year, I always end up sick. I think I’m getting a sinus infection. Argh!

13 comments:

Nichole said...

ok, so i get home tonight and hit the blogs for a few updates and i'm thinking why hasn't heather blogged in awhile? your the one person i can count on to have a post at least a few times a week. so i come over here.... and what the heck??!!?? i've missed 4! dumb blogger.. it's not letting me know! sigh....
anyway..
you should be crazy proud of those low light photos!!! they were quite awesome.. brandon looks so very impressed with that tree! hahaha

and the girls... sigh. they are adorable! nice to hear someone else's days are monstrously busy too..

glad your thanksgiving went well!

Michelle said...

I am sorry to hear you aren't feeling good again!! :( I hope you feel better soon!! It is no fun to be sick around the holidays.
Great job on the photos!! I love all of the Christmas tree ones!! They are beautiful!!

The Scrappy Tree said...

Your tree looks beautiful! Some gorgeous family photos too :)
Gayle

Agnes said...

Oh Heather, that cake!!! She'll love it!

I am with you, I am all excited about Christmas :-)))

babyyahyah said...

cute doggie and nice tree.

AMKrogsgaard said...

I *love* the pic you took with Brandon staring at the tree in total awe. Fabulous! Also, for Alexis' birthday cake, what if you did cascading flowers to the next tier, alternating on each side? Flowers from the dollar store works really well..

It would be something similar to my wedding cake, and it was gorgeous!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Beautiful tree. So sorry you aren't feeling well. Love all the lowlight photos, the cute one of Alexis and Ronnie. Hugs.

sarah said...

hope you feel better!!

LOVE those pictures and the tree is GORGEOUS! :)

hope you have a wonderful week!

hugs,
sarah.

Leah. said...

So many great photos I don't know where to start but I think that one of Ronnie and Jordan is absolutely adorable!!!!! and of course you know I love that tree!!!

Feel better soon. This time of year does suck for getting sick doesn't it?

Jules said...

Great shot of your Christmas tree. I like it, and hope you feel good now.

Summer
A Writers Den
Brown Mestizo

Jane said...

I love stopping by here and seeing all the sweet pics of our adorable little family!!! the one of Jordan and her daddy is just the cutest!!

Amanda Sevall said...

Feel better Heather!! Love, love, love the cute doggie picture :) Your Christmas tree is beautiful and your pictures of it are gorgeous!!

As for the cake, I think more flowers on the bottom would look fabulous, but it also looks great as is. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Solo said...

I love the photo of you and Brandon painting. ;D

Solo
Travel and Living
Job Hunt Pinoy