Sunday, November 1, 2009

Wicked Witch of the South?

I’ve got a Project 365 update to do before I share Halloween photos. For those of you who visit for SCAL files… I’ve got one I’ve been planning to make for a while coming up soon! You don’t want to miss it!

It’s been getting colder here in Louisiana. So cold that my poor ivy plant that Jordan gave me last Mother’s Day was starting to yellow and droop. When the kids were tiny I put all of the plants outside because I didn’t know what was poisonous or not. Now that they’re getting a little older I can bring a few in during the colder months instead of covering them with a blanket or plastic. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned that my favorite color is green before. Plants and growth make me happy. I was excited to rescue this plant and bring it inside. I’m thinking of leaving it there even when it gets warm again!

10-27-09

I’ve been working on another Jessica Sprague class and I had to take a photo of myself, so that ended up being Wednesday’s photo of the day. Nothing too special. Just me in the backyard in my Halloween shirt.

10-28-09

On Thursday Jordan went to the pumpkin patch with her school on a field trip. While she was there she fell and scraped her knee, and she got stung by a bee. She was okay, but I was upset because I felt like they weren’t really watching her. We went to the same pumpkin patch only a few days before, and I managed to keep her upright and not stung. Argh! When she got home, she was wearing the little pumpkin shirt they made for their trip, and I thought it would make a cute photo.

10-29-09

I hate driving. I really do. Friday I had to drive all the way out to Children’s Hospital with Jordan for her urology follow up from her bladder infection earlier this month. We got good news and bad news. The good news was that it’s not both of her kidneys down in her pelvis. Only the left one. We also found out that she is emptying her bladder completely when she goes. The bad news is that the left kidney is swollen which means that it’s likely infected. There probably isn’t a good seal in between her bladder and the kidney, and the old urine from the bladder washes back in with germs. She has been put on a maintenance dose of antibiotics to prevent any further kidney damage. He is scheduling another test which involves injecting dye through a catheter to see how well her kidneys are working. I’m worried because they aren’t going to sedate her for the test and I’m sure it’s going to be very traumatic for her. So please say prayers and think positive thoughts!

She behaved so well at the appointment. Probably because she was the center of attention. Her school’s Fall Festival was Friday, and she was really disappointed that she wasn’t going to get to dress up and go to school. So I let her dress up anyway, and she was a princess for the day. I also brought my iPod with a TV show, and Taylor Swift songs loaded for her. I think she thinks it’s her iPod. Stinker. *Edited with a Coffeeshop Action*

10-30-09

Halloween. I love Halloween. A lot more than driving. LOL We had a wonderful time. Brandon even semi-cooperated with Trick or Treating, and he kept his costume on the entire time! We made spider cupcakes, carved pumpkins, ordered pizza, had lots of company, sang Taylor Swift songs, and had an absolute blast. Ronnie’s best friend and his new girlfriend came over, and she was really fun. The kids loved her, and she jumped right into all of the activities. So of course I liked her too. Anyone willing to help me dig out pumpkin guts is good in my book! My Mom came up and spent the night after Trick or Treating. I’m loving the new closer relationship we have lately! Of course you know I took lots of pictures. 200+ in fact, but I managed to narrow it down to 39 to be printed. Don’t worry, I won’t post all 39 here, but here are a few highlights…

Mom and Alexis out trick or treating. Alexis asked to be a witch, and she specified that she wanted to be a bad witch. A hand me down costume, some alterations, and a bit of paint later…

10-31-09

Jordan was Jojo again this year. She loves that costume. I swear when she outgrows it I don’t know what I’ll do!

DSC00239

This is my favorite one of Brandon. He had taken his hat off after we got back from Trick or Treating, and I thought he was adorable with his messy hair. (Which he no longer has because I cut it all off this morning!) He was a pirate, but since he was so tall the shirt was a belly shirt on him, and I had to put a long sleeved white shirt on under it. *Note to self… next year buy a size larger than the costume bag indicates for him.*

DSC00258

I actually got a photo of the three of them together on the front porch. Zoom in to check out our super cool vampire pumpkins. Yep. We rock!

DSC00224

Here are the spider cupcakes we made. I invented these on my own because I didn’t want to spend all day piping spider webs on cupcakes. Everyone got to assemble spiders. I wish the icing would’ve turned a bit more orange, but…

DSC00131

Last but not least, here’s the expert cupcake maker. Ummm me! LOL I’m starting to feel a lot better now. I have to go for another follow up with the surgeon next Friday, but for the most part everything seems to be okay.

DSC00120

Don’t forget to change your clocks today! Because of that Jordan was up at 5 in the morning. Normally she’s up at 6 every day. I keep trying to explain the concept of weekends to her, but it’s a lost cause. Mom left early to go help my grandparents with one of their goats. I think she really had a good time playing with the kids and hanging out with Ronnie and I. After she left, Jordan and Brandon were playing in Ronnie’s recliner while I was making scrambled eggs for breakfast, and I snapped this. I didn’t like how it looked SOOC, so I added some texture, and a thru the viewfinder technique as well. Lots of editing later, it looks quite vintage, and a lot more interesting.

11-1-09

5 comments:

Agnes said...

Oh my, those cupcakes...

I am hoping Jordan's test will go well and that her kidneys will be OK... Thanks for the update on her, Heather.

Adorable costumes, by the way!

babyyahyah said...

those cupcakes are a good idea.

cute costumes on all the kids...i love the pic of the princess and her ipod

Elizabeth said...

Glad to hear you had such a great Halloween. When you run out of the old food coloring try Wilton Gel it's like 1.99 or so, but a little goes a long way to making the right colors (oh and icing will darken in color if you leave it to rest overnight - yeah right like I can remember to do that).

Leah. said...

First, prayers for Jordan and some good news along with that!!!

Love the cupcakes! Man! You are motivated!

The kids look adorable in their costumes :)

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Cupcakes look tasty. cute costumes. Brandon looks so cute, as do the girls. Hope Jordan's tests go well. Glad to see you blogging and I really like your new SCAL border. TFS! Hugs