Thursday, December 3, 2009

Going Griswold

I have another Project 365 update! Last Sunday, Ronnie put up our Christmas lights. Our neighbor was putting up his lights as well, and Ronnie decided he would have to outdo the neighbors. He said, “We’re going Griswold this year!” (From the Christmas Vacation movie.) These are only part of the lights he plans to put up. I think it’s funny. I’ve been doing a lot of experimentation with low light photos lately. I love how this one came out.

11-29-09

On Monday I took a photo of my cough and cold medicine because I haven’t been feeling well. The weather changing back and forth makes me sick. I have a sinus infection. I’m hoping I’ll get better soon!

11-30-09

Jordan and I went to Children’s Hospital in New Orleans for her VCUG test on her kidneys on Tuesday. It was extremely traumatic for her. They ended up catheterizing her three times. I felt horrible for having to help hold her down. Being a Mom is not easy! They found out that her left kidney (the pelvic one) is working, but it has two tubes coming from it instead of one. One of the tubes is attached to her bladder, but they can’t tell where the other tube connects. She will have to have more testing after the New Year with a camera, but thank God she will be asleep this time. She demanded that I take a picture of her after she got her ultrasound because “she wants to scrapbook it”. Please continue praying for her.

12-1-09

Yesterday’s photo of the day was of my comfy Christmas quilt. Ronnie's sister Stephanie gave me this quilt for Christmas one year. It is the perfect quilt, and Ronnie and I fight over who gets to use it when it comes out of storage for Christmas decoration. It's warm, and perfect for naps. The best part? It's absolutely adorable too!

12-2-09

I got my Christmas present in yesterday! Ronnie can never wait until Christmas to give me my presents. It’s a new camera! I am absolutely thrilled with it, but there’s a bit of a learning curve to be sure! LOL Hopefully you’ll be seeing lots better photos soon!

9 comments:

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

super cute quilt, love the low light photos. hugs and prayers for you and J.

N

Agnes said...

Oh poor Jordan, it must have been excruciatingly painful. Hope everything will be OK.

Heather! I love the house!! I love Christmas! Go Ronnie!!!

Michelle said...

Please tell J I am so sorry!! Poor little girl!! I was thinking of you the other day, remembering she had that appt. I am sorry that it was so hard!!
Glad you got your camera!! :) You will have a wonderful time playing!!

KristenJo said...

Praying for your Jordan. Love the quilt and congrats on the new camera!!! Love the lights too ;)

babyyahyah said...

nice pics. poor jordan that must be terrible for her.

Courtney said...

I love your house(I am watching Christmas Vacation right now). Enjoy the new camera. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Jules said...

Hope everything will be ok now, especially for Jordan. Jordan will be part of my prayer. And a new camera gift from Ronnie?! Oh wow! That's cool! =D

Summer
A Writers Den
Brown Mestizo

The Scrappy Tree said...

Oh Jordan! Poor darling! She needs to get all wrapped up in that lovely blanket!

jacqueline said...

i LOVE your Christmas house, Heather...

i hope you're all feeling better now.