Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I Gotta Feeling

I’ve got a feeling that this Christmas is going to be very special. I’ve been so much more relaxed this season. We have been concentrating on the important things. I’ve made sure we have been spending lots of time as a family… watching Christmas movies, decorating the tree, making cookies, and much more! You’ll see photos of all of it in my Project 365 update.

My kids’ favorite fast food place to eat is Taco Bell. They don’t get to do it often! Last Thursday Ronnie brought home take out and Brandon was in Cinnamon Twist heaven. I think he got more ON him than IN him, but he certainly is cute anyway. I just can’t get over how quickly he’s growing.

12-10-09

Every year I try to get photos of the kids in front of the Christmas tree. It’s a great way to gauge how much they’ve grown in a single year. Jordan and Brandon were not cooperative at all on Friday when I tried to get them to pose. Luckily my super model seven year old was ready to step up to the plate. This is my favorite of all of the photos I got. I have a few where she was smiling, but for some reason this one is really striking to me.

12-11-09

We watched “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” Saturday night. It is my absolute favorite Christmas movie EVER. I got a really good photo of Alexis and Jordan watching TV together. Brandon was on the couch by me. Momma’s boy! (Note the difference in their hair! We took them to the beauty shop Saturday morning and got tons chopped off. I think they look adorable.)

12-12-09

I am almost finished Christmas shopping and wrapping presents. I am OUT of room for presents under the tree. Anything else I wrap will have to be stored elsewhere until it’s time to be opened. This photo was taken on Sunday. There’s nothing more heartwarming than a lit Christmas tree.

12-13-09

My Christmas present came in on Monday, and Ronnie let me have it early. He’s such a darling man! LOL I am in love with this little, tiny, lightweight camera. You would not believe the shots I’m getting with it, then again maybe you would because I’m fixing to show you! Plus… how cute is it that it’s red? Seriously!

12-14-09

Yesterday was Miss Jordan’s Christmas program at the school. She is SUCH a ham! Brandon got really upset and we had to walk out of the gym during the performance, but luckily the vice principal happened along and volunteered to sit with him for a minute so I could pop in while Jordan sang. I took this video of her doing her THANG. (She’s all the way on the left.)

The photo of the day for Tuesday was of Mr. Brandon having an attitude while we waited for Jordan to come out. This camera is so awesome, it makes Froot Loops look cool. LOL

12-15-09

I also took this one yesterday.

DSC00058

And this one… *Sigh*

Where was I? I got totally side tracked. LOL Oh! Today. I took a photo of the pile of presents under our tree to remember the fact that I used numbers instead of names on the presents this year. The kids are starting to get older, and they can recognize their names. So to keep them out of the presents, I numbered them based on the order they came to live in our house. So Jordan is 1, Alexis is 2, and Brandon is 3. I think I’m going to use reindeer names next year. Want to guess which one is Dasher, which one is Dancer, and which one is Prancer? LOL

12-16-09

10 comments:

Agnes said...

I so loved your post. I am so in the Christmas state of mind myself.

I loved Jordan's video -- totally, utterly, absolutely adorable.

And look at all those present under the tree...

And all the Christmas movies... it all sounds so wonderful :-)

Lydia Siegel said...

What an awesome post! I too am in the Christmas spirit this year. Adorable photos too.

Courtney said...

Lots of cute pictures. I love the idea of using alternatives to names so the kids won't know. Great idea!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

love jordan's video. love the presents under the tree. love the christmas moviees. not buying the holiday includes your baking tho....that's the guilt talking.

babyyahyah said...

nice pics. love the leaf one.

I have to hide our presents otherwise they would be ripped open by my little buggars!

cassandra2491 said...

Hi, love the photo on your 17th page that is on the scrapbook.com gallery, just wondering where exactly you found it as I would like to get a copy of it.

cassandra2491 said...

Hi Heather, I also love your blog and am now a follower. Thankyou so much for replying about the photo -they are all lovely but I do think the one you used is the best.

jacqueline said...

very nice pictures, as always. i feel like i have watched your kids grow, Heather. and i totally agree, Brandon gets bigger with every new picture of him posted.

i LOVE your Christmas tree, and it's exciting to look at the presents, there's just lots of them. :)

and congratulations on your new camera...

have a merry Christmas to you and your family.

Julie said...

Your tree looks AWESOME! Ours is half-decorated because of Laura, but eventually, it'll look just as nice as yours again! LOL The kids are growing so fast. It's been fun watching them grow this year.

KristenJo said...

LOVE the new pics with the NEW camera!!! Yay!!! :) Your tree is beautiful!! I agree - nothing more heartwarming than a lit tree :) Have a great week and Merry Christmas!!! :)