Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Let it Snow!

It’s been a while since I’ve updated my blog. (Thank you to Super Nancy for pointing that out. LOL) I’ve been very busy with my Jessica Sprague Holidays in Hand class that I’m doing, and I haven’t had much extra time to sit and write. The holiday season is always the busiest part of the year at my house! I have a Project 365 update and a template freebie to share that I did for the Ideas For Scrapbookers blog a week or so ago.

Last Thursday Jordan had hippotherapy for the first time since I had my surgery. I am finally feeling like myself again, and I have starting running everyone to their usual appointments. In the photo of the day, Jordan is bundled like an Eskimo. We’ve been experiencing some extremely cold weather here in Louisiana. I think her horse was even shivering. I KNOW her volunteers were. I’m so thankful for the time they spend with her.

12-3-09

Alexis came home from school on Friday saying that the teacher said it would snow that night. I looked at her like she was crazy, but when I went on the local weather website… It really was predicted! Sure enough, at 10:30 at night, it started snowing. We woke the girls up and bundled them up to go out and play. We only got about an inch, but they were thrilled. This is the second year in a row that it’s snowed here in Louisiana. I’m starting to think global warming is a myth! LOL

12-4-09

DSC00131

I did not wake up Brandon, because he gets extremely cranky if he doesn’t get his beauty sleep!

We went to visit Santa Claus on Saturday, and got our family photo done. It did not go well at all. Both Jordan and Brandon were crying, Alexis refused to smile… the photographer didn’t listen when I said to “just snap the photo”. (Imagine me saying that while smiling with my teeth gritted.) Finally he snapped it, and this is the result. I think I look crazy. LOL I know this photo will be one to look back on and laugh at later, but I honestly didn’t feel much like laughing at the time.

12-5-09

Ronnie should know better than to goof around and put a Santa hat on around me! I ended up sneaking the camera out, and snapping his picture while he was baking a cake for the kids on Sunday. You’re never safe with a scrapbooker in the house! LOL

12-6-09

As a part of my Jessica Sprague class that I’m doing, one of the prompts was to take a photo of my favorite holiday food. Well, since I’m difficult… I changed it a bit and took a photo of my favorite holiday drink on Monday. Hot chocolate! In an Eeyore cup no less. Happy day!

12-7-09

By Tuesday, our cold weather had disappeared. It stormed for two days straight. We were under flash flood watches, and were watching the water steadily rise in the yard. Of course I took a photo! This was after the water had gone down some. I even had to bring Jordan to the doctor for her five year old check up in the midst of all of the weather. The roads were covered in water, and in some spots it was 4-5 inches deep. Her checkup went fine, but she was furious that she had to get her flu shot.

12-8-09

Today’s photo isn’t a creative one, but it’s very special to me! The Jessica Sprague prompt today was to take a photo of your favorite Christmas book. Mine is “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”. I have had this book since I was a little girl. Now I get to read it to my kids. It’s a little beat up, but that’s because it’s so loved!

12-9-09

Last but not least, here’s the digital scrapbooking freebie I promised. I did these two templates for the Ideas for Scrapbookers blog where I’m a contributing artist. I thought I’d share them here for the digital girls who don’t go over there. (You don’t know what you’re missing!) There are two layered digital Christmas tree templates!

Here’s the first one…

Small Size Tree Template

and the download link…

http://www.4shared.com/file/150253354/64bfb5a7/HL_TreeTemplate.html

Here’s the second one…

HL_TreeTemplate2 Small

and the download link…

http://www.4shared.com/file/150334684/e1117bd/HL_TreeTemplate2.html

They are sized at 8x10 inches to make perfect printable holiday gifts to frame! Or you can resize them as you would like for use on your layouts. If you use them, leave me a link and you could be featured here on my blog, and on the Ideas for Scrapbookers blog!

10 comments:

CBH-Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Christmas post on Dec. 09, 2009. Thanks again.

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Love it! So glad you got around to the blog. Love the photos of the day. Love, love, love the family photo with Santa. Hugs.

CBH-Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 4 post on Dec. 10, 2009. Thanks again.

babyyahyah said...

I love the santa one of you guys. I have been in that situation so many times...my kids are all crying and I am pleading with the phohotgrapher to just take the picture and be done! LOL.

Leah. said...

So glad to see a post from you! isn't it fun to get a bit of snow to play in and scrap? LOL!

I'm surprised to see the temps so cold there. I never would have expected that at all!

Stay warm :)

Agnes said...

I love these pictures -- the first one, wow, stunning. It snowed in Louisiana??? Lucky you :-)

Love the Santa pic, love the snow, love Christmas, Heather -- merry Christmas to all of you :-)

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 10 Dec [LA 04:24pm, NY 07:24pm] - 11 Dec [UK 12:24am, OZ 11:24am] ).

Joshgirl (English is not my native) said...

Thank you.

AMKrogsgaard said...

The 'soooo' part kills me, too. Its probably one of the best commercials out there!

Amanda Sevall said...

Love your Christmas picture. :) Awesome Eeyore mug too! Super cute templates -- I'll have to download them. Thank you and happy holidays to you and your family Heather!