Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Yet another year has passed, and I’ve been trying to come up with New Year’s resolutions again. The really fun part of the New Year is reflecting back on last year’s resolutions, and realizing that I did ALL of them except one. My first resolution was to read 100 books in a year, and not only did I do it… I almost made 200! I read a grand total of 182 books. I also resolved to do Project 365. I’m really proud to say that I took a photo EVERY single day of 2009. I don’t know whether to be happy or sad that the 365 project is done. Rest assured that I’ll still be taking TONS of photos, but the blog will be returning to the regularly scheduled madness yet again! Before it does, I have the last few days of the project to share!

On the 27th I was playing with one of the coolest gadgets I’ve ever gotten! My Mom got me a super cool Garmin GPS for Christmas! I was thrilled because I’ve been wanting one. After a day or two, I had to change the voice from a woman’s voice to a man’s voice because I was getting aggravated with it. Well, when I changed it to the male voice we decided to name our GPS Pedro. Everything in our house has names. Our cars, our gadgets… Yes, we’re weird. Brandon doesn’t like Pedro talking while I drive. He yells, “Be quiet Pay do!”

12-27-09

My photo of the day for the 28th is a familiar sight for many families these days. My house looks like Toys ‘R Us threw up in it. I’m having the hardest time getting the kids to pick up their new toys, and I decided to laugh about it instead of getting irate. So here it is, the aftermath of Christmas. This is only about 1/4 of the mess. I am NOT kidding.

12-28-09

I decided to take a picture of the decorative mailbox that my grandma got me for Christmas a few years ago for the photo of the day on the 29th. It’s filled with all of the Christmas cards I’ve gotten for the past few years, and I think it’s just adorable!

12-29-09

I bought myself a new purse on the 30th, so I had to take a picture of course. I love the bright colors. I have this theory that when I buy a BIG solid black purse, I’ll look old. So for now it’s bright colors and busy patterns for me.

12-30-09

On New Year’s Eve we bought the kids a few sparklers, and they did pretty well with them. Brandon ended up getting scared and going back in the house like last year, but he did manage to stay outside a little longer. Jordan and Alexis had a good time though. They went to bed early around 8:00, and so did Ronnie. I stayed up until midnight reading, just enjoying the peace and quiet. Then I went outside in the freezing cold to watch the fireworks. Here’s a shot I got of Alexis doing her sparkler.

12-31-09

In case you’re wondering what resolution I didn’t stick to, it was the one to read all of the magazines I have under my side table. I did manage to read about 20 of them. So I only have 40 or so left. I am transferring that resolution to this year, and I WILL get it done.

This year’s resolutions:

1. Finish reading the huge pile of magazines.

2. Scrapbook the 8x10 photos I have shoved in a huge manila folder. (I don’t like scrapbooking 8x10’s.)

3. Do Sue Cumming’s 52 weeks of Inspiration project! One layout every week for an entire year. I think I can do it!

6 comments:

The Scrappy Tree said...

That mailbox is fab! Looks like you had a nice peaceful new year's eve :)

mychalkboard said...

I think you can do it too!!! Look forward to seeing your weekly layouts for 52!!!! xoxoo sue

Agnes said...

Wow, 182 books! You rock, Heather,
Love love love the purse :-)
Happy 2010.

Leah. said...

Dude, all I have to say is that "I" have a big, solid black purse and a complex to go with it now! LOL!!!!!

You can do it.
I guess I should make a couple resolutions too :)

Love that we can do Sue's together!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

Love the mailbox. So awesome reading so many books. Can't wait to see your weekly layouts. Love the purse.

KristenJo said...

Love the mailbox, it's so cute!!! And I REALLY love your purse!!! It's hot!!! Haha :)

Have a great week!!!