Friday, March 5, 2010

(Everything I Do) I Do it For You

I only have a short catch up post today because I was behind blogging last week and posted on Monday. This week was filled to the top with appointments. It seems like that’s all we did! We were away from home so much that I had a hard time keeping up with housework and laundry. I didn’t complain though. I want the kids to be happy, and as healthy as possible and I’d do anything to achieve that!

Alexis had sealant put on her teeth at the dentist’s office on Monday. I had never even heard of sealing children’s teeth before a few weeks ago. They didn’t do that when I was little. Alexis did a wonderful job being still and listening to the dentist.

Tuesday was a complete and utter fiasco. Jordan had an appointment to be cast for her new leg braces. She has always hated the casting process, but we have been able to calm her enough to be successful. Until Tuesday. As she’s gotten older, she’s gotten much stronger, and she kicked and screamed and fussed. She HAS to have braces. We had to give up, and call her cerebral palsy doctor for advice. He suggested that we give her 1.5 teaspoons of Benadryl and try again. She has another appointment scheduled for next Monday. If the Benadryl doesn’t calm her enough, then she’ll have to be sedated. I’m hoping it won’t come to that. Ronnie is coming along this time to see if he can help. It ought to be interesting at least.

I had a follow up appointment with my surgeon on Wednesday. Jordan stayed home sick and she and Brandon both came along. I should’ve rescheduled instead of taking both of them with me, but I’d already had to reschedule twice, and I wanted to get it over with. I got a clean bill of health, but It was mass chaos as usual. Brandon lost his toy, and Jordan threw a fit. Brandon pulled all of the surgeon’s stickers off of the floor. The elevator was broken… story of my life. We finally made it back home, and I was exhausted, but grateful to have survived another trip through New Orleans. Traffic was just ridiculous!

Thursday is normally therapy day for Jordan, but I had to cancel both of her therapy appointments because she was sick. She went to the pediatrician early in the morning. She has a bad cold/borderline pneumonia yet again. I would do anything to keep this child well! We all scrub our hands, and I clean like mad. She must be getting all of these germs from school. (AKA the GIANT Petri dish) Speaking of school, after we dropped off her medicines at the pharmacy we had to go to the school for her IEP (Special Needs Plan) meeting at school. We discussed her health, and interventions and extra allowances that she would need next year in first grade. We are very proud of our girl because she is so smart! She just needs a little extra time for writing activities and getting places. During the meeting Brandon and Jordan rearranged the office that we were meeting in. I had to put everything back before we could leave. Sigh.

Because Jordan is sick and needs breathing treatments, I was unable to go to my Uncle’s memorial service today. I am very upset that I had to miss it, but I don’t think standing on the levee in freezing temperatures would help her breathing very much. Sometimes we have to miss out on things to be parents. I know that. I just really didn’t want to miss his memorial. Instead, at the time of the service today. I prayed and thought about Uncle David in my own way. I was there in spirit.

I have done next to no scrapbooking this week. I think I’m having withdrawals. I did have some shopping therapy today by ordering 194 photos from Winkflash. That’s only two months worth of photos. I think I may take too many pictures. Having said that, you’ll notice this post has no photos! Sorry about that. I was just entirely too busy.

No journaling questions today. While I was typing this post Jordan managed to stick stickers to all of my walls. She’s decorating for an imaginary party tomorrow. I’ve got to go un-decorate. Sigh. Until next time!

7 comments:

Agnes said...

Life is never boring at your house Heather :-)
I am so happy you got a clean bill of health -- that's wonderful!!

kim said...

can you bibe her with a toy or something to get the braces? that must be so hard for all of you... I hope the benedryl works.

The Scrappy Tree said...

Wow, what a busy couple of days! You are a great mum!!

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

what doesn't kill you....... good luck! At least is was stickers for the party and not sharpie!!! lol

Leah. said...

194 photos? and here I thought I had a problem *wink*

Glad you got a clean bill of health. and I hope Jordan doesn't get pneumonia either!

xoxo

Jules said...

I understand what you are going through now. And i know being a parent is the most important to you. I know that your uncle would understand your absence. God bless you guys.

Jules
Soloden.Com
The Brown Mestizo

Helen said...

oh my! You must be exhausted ... what a week. I hope you find some time to get that scrap therapy soon ... don't realise how much we love it until we don't do it. I hope this is a better week for you Heather.