Friday, March 12, 2010

Here and There

Last weekend passed pretty uneventfully for us. I did a pretty good bit of scrapbooking. I used to scrapbook during the week, but I haven’t had nearly enough time lately. So, I’ve been doing my scrapbooking on the weekends when Ronnie can help watch the kids. Here are a few of my latest layouts.

DSC009304_1

DSC009573_1

DSC009607_1

Explore218_1

HL_KikiArtProject1_1

That last project is a chipboard wall hanging that I did for the Kiki Art Designer Showcase at Ideas for Scrapbookers. You can check it out here if you’d like… http://ideasforscrapbookers.blogspot.com/2010/03/designer-showcase-kiki-art.html

On Monday Brandon and I had a nice peaceful day. I ended up doing a lot of cleaning. I’ve been seeing signs of Spring around here! Budding flowers and trees are creating huge drifts of pollen that have my allergies acting up. I don’t care! I’m treasuring the warmth in the air, and the promise of playing outside with the kids. I’m SO ready for Spring.

We went back to the orthopedics place to try to get Jordan cast for her braces on Tuesday. Ronnie took the morning off so he could go in and help. I don’t know whether to be happy or irritated that Jordan sat still the entire time just because he was there. Well… maybe not just because he was there. I also bribed her with a toy, and promised her that she could pick whatever pattern she wanted on her braces. However it worked, I’m still grateful that it did. We got really good casts this time which means really good braces.

Jordan had a follow up appointment with her cerebral palsy doctor on Wednesday and we got some excellent news. He thinks she is doing so well that she only needs to check up with him yearly. No Botox, no surgery, and he’s very impressed with how smart she is. (But I knew that all ready!) I’m so happy to have some good news. He says she needs to keep wearing her braces so her muscles don’t get any tighter. She’s not thrilled with that, but what she doesn’t understand is that it could be SO much worse. I am thankful.

Yesterday was therapy day for Jordan. It was busy, and so not fun. Alexis has been having serious behavioral issues, and they peaked in the middle of everything yesterday. I did manage to get one good photo this week while waiting for Jordan to be finished with her physical therapy.

2010 March, 11

I brought Jordan to school after her appointment, and came home to feed Brandon lunch. Then we had to head back out to pick her up from school again to bring her to ride her horse. Alexis missed gymnastics due to her behavior, which infuriated her. I spent the rest of the night listening to her throw huge tantrums. At one point I decided that she was just looking for attention, so I sent her to her room. She just got louder. Sigh.

The kids had the day off of school today for teacher development. It’s been really hectic. Plus in the middle of all of the chaos, I decided it would be a good idea to take all of the curtains down and wash them. Then I dusted all of the mini blinds. While I was dusting them,I cut my finger. That leads me to conclude that cleaning the house is dangerous. I should totally stick to scrapbooking right? I have a news flash for Ronnie. He’s doing the dangerous house cleaning tomorrow. I’m making him stand on chairs, and vacuum the ceiling fan. Clean minion! Ha. I’m really lucky that he doesn’t mind helping me. I know not all guys do that. Spring cleaning is not fun, but it’s a necessary evil around here.

Journaling/Blogging question of the week:

Are you seeing signs of Spring? Do you do any Spring Cleaning?

14 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so glad you have good news from Jordan's CP dr!!! Yay!! Well, signs of spring.. does snow melting count? Rain and fog all week here.. temps are in the 30s-low 40's. No blooms yet.. hopefully by mid month next month. We need sun to dry up the ground from all the rain and melting snow! :)

Agnes said...

That's GREAT news on Jordan -- yay! I loved the scrap booking bits, Heather, you make moments and words look so pretty :-))

The Scrappy Tree said...

Gorgeous pages :) busy week for you yet again! Glad for your good news :)
I thought Spring was coming... and then it rained all day yesterday! lol

Darien said...

Beautiful los!!!! You did amazing!!! I'm ready for Spring too!!!!!!!!!

kim said...

i do not spring clean! LOL in fact I hate to clean at all. The main cleaning I do is picking up toys or throwing out stuff and then using a swiffer.

that easter pic of brandon is so cute. He has grown a lot! wow.

I am considering doing some horse therapy for my autistic son. There are a lot of horse places around here and horse riding lessons/camps around my house all within 5 miles of me. I should really look into it.

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

So glad to hear good news about Jordan. love your layouts, but you knew that. And I love that photo. So ready for spring here, which means the rain will stop. Spring cleaning.....to be honest, I am an obsessive cleaner and have recently cleaned out all the kitchen cabinets, the freezer, the pantry, the bookcases and well....you get the idea. hee hee

Leah. said...

Great news about Jordan!

Spring! Yes, it is coming. Mostly alot of sun around here, I haven't seen too much in the way of flowers or budding of any kind, but the snow is almost out of here. Downside is everything is so dirty and there is garbage and junk everywhere which I hate. It's back to being cold and cloudy but should be nice again come Tuesday.

I will do spring cleaning as I have time or motivation. I don't really plan for it, it just comes... mostly ;)

LOVE your layouts!!!!

AMKrogsgaard said...

Did Jordan pull herself out of her brads on her own? Maren's been pulling herself out, and because she's been demonstrating signs that she's ready to come home, that's why the doctors are pushing her discharge. Both girls sometimes have somewhat shallow breathing, and I guess its fairly common for newborn babies to do this. We would never have known about it had the girls not been hooked up to their monitors in the hospital. If they were put in the regular nursery, there'd be no monitoring of that kind...I think I'm ok with her coming home. I trust the doctors and their confidence in her health...

Elizabeth said...

Two thumbs up on that great cast, no matter why she held still.

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a long week. Don't forget to tell your DH to clean the windows! Now there is a Spring Job I don't do.

Spring Cleaning, nope not really, though I go through dd's clothes in the Spring once all threat of cold in past and pull out all the jeans and long sleeved shirts I know she's not going to fit in next year.

Helen said...

Great news about Jordan. LOVE your scrap pages ... especially the baby page with the block work. As to spring cleaning, I am tempted to use it being autumn as an excuse .... however, I know that we (or should I say "I") go through massive throw out phases a few times a year. Undoubtedly someone always wants to keep the "treasure/trash" that has suddenly surfaced LOL Have a great week Heather!

Jules said...

That easter photo of Mr.Brandon is so cute. I like his smile there. =D Hope everything will is ok. Hope to catch up more scrapbooking here. =D

Jules
Soloden.Com
The Brown Mestizo

AMKrogsgaard said...

Oh my gosh, 9 months would feel like an eternity! At least you had your baby at home. Mine is still in NICU! Most hospitals discharge a baby after one day after an episode; the hospital we're at keeps them for 72 hours to monitor them. Maren's had two more brads since my last message to you, so she won't be coming home for another couple days, if everything goes well. I just don't know what other options we have for her...I hate being so far away from her, but yet I want her in a safe environment so that nothing serious happens to her!
Addison has been home for a week, now. I am booking an appointment for her to see the doctor for sometime this week. The public health nurse is supposed to be coming by sometime this week, too. Addison is doing great. I'm just worried about her sister!

jacqueline said...

oh! it's a BUSY day for you...

but there's good news, so i think it's all worth the work. :)

i love your scrap book works! lovely!