Monday, April 5, 2010

Here Comes Peter Cottontail…

We had a very eventful but wonderful Easter weekend, and I’ve got a ton of photos to share! I haven’t been taking many photos lately. I think I just got a bit burnt out from Project 365 last year. Well, I remedied that this weekend. BIG time. So here goes…

We dyed Easter eggs on Friday night. We were up very late, but we all had a blast. This year we managed to keep the color on the eggs instead of the table, and ourselves! Always a plus.

They were all so proud of their pretty eggs!

We went down to my grandparent’s house the next morning (Saturday) to celebrate Easter. The great grandkids had a wonderful time playing with the goats and chickens.

Jordan and Alexis B. with a baby chicken. So cute!

My Alexis with Brownie. The brand new baby goat that she got to name! Note the two missing teeth. That happened this past week. She was thrilled, and the tooth fairy is now broke!

Brandon decided that holding goats wasn’t his cup of tea. He decided being a goat would be better. He went in the goat yard and started climbing up the ramp that my grandpa built for the goats. LOL

This is my Mom and my nephew. I just love how the goat and Christian are checking each other out.

After everyone got to my grandparent’s house we took all of the great grandchildren out for their very first boat ride on the house boat. They each took turns “driving” and had an amazing time. In spite of the fact that we made them wear life jackets. Really, you’d have thought we were trying to kill them when we put them on.

The scenery was beautiful. It had been more than 10 years since I’d been out on a boat. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it! The photo below is of our state bird, a brown pelican.

After we got back we had our Easter egg hunt. My grandma’s yard is full of clover. The eggs really stayed hidden well. The kids had to search hard!

After the egg hunt we ate a marvelous lunch that my Mom made, and then it was nap time for the great grandparents! We headed back home to Covington. It’s about a two hour drive so the kids watched The Princess and the Frog again. Thank goodness for DVD players that work in the car.

Here are some photos of the kiddos on Easter morning. I just love how disheveled they look. It makes me smile. It won’t be long before they’re all grown and not excited about Easter baskets anymore.

After the sun came out, I brought the kids outside to do their yearly Spring portraits in their Easter clothes. They pretty much cooperated. These are some of my favorites out of the bunch.

See? Didn’t I tell you I made up for all of the photos I didn’t take this year? LOL I edited the photos with The Pioneer Woman’s free Photoshop Elements actions. Ree rocks!

I’m going to be posting a digital freebie in a bit as well. Just as soon as I get the preview finished. Stick around for that!

6 comments:

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

love the photos. your photos really look like spring. love the clover to hide the eggs. mine are so easy to find cause, well, with the gardener, the grass is always trimmed. lol

Leah. said...

Brandon being a goat makes me crack up! It's so boy like isn't it? They just aren't content to pet the goat, they have to be a goat too. Joseph would have been right behind Brandon!!!

Love Alexis's pink dress!

I know what you mean about the disheveled look. Enjoy it because my 12 year old was officially too cool for Easter this year. *sigh* He gave his chocolate bunny to Joseph and helped me hide the candy for the Easter egg hunt and just sat there watching. Makes me sad just thinking about it really.

Okay, I'm off... all hell is breaking out in our world these days. Sorry I'm behind on your blog!

Agnes said...

Love the photos Heather. Brandon is growing up fast, doesn't he!

Oh my, that goat! So cute :-)))

Elizabeth said...

Great photos! Brandon looks more and more like his daddy every day!

kim said...

beautiful pics. the editing looks so bright and illuminated.

The Scrappy Tree said...

Such beautiful pics of your kids :) happy Easter!