Saturday, May 8, 2010

If It Makes You Happy

There have been quite a few things that have made me happy lately!

We found out that Alexis is moving up to the platinum level in gymnastics. It’s a big deal for her to be moving up at her age! She really wants to be on a team, and to be in competitions. Starting this Summer, she’ll go to two classes per week. One tumbling, and one regular class. I am so excited for her! All of her hard work is starting to pay off. She’s been saying she wants to do this since she was two!

Of course scrapbooking makes me happy too! I have a few layouts that I’ve recently completed to share. You can click on any of the images if you would like a larger view or a product list.

This one was for the NSBD challenge at Scrapbook.com. I used my May kit from Scrapbook Deals 4 You.

DSC016547_1

This one is with an older photo of the kids and I at the beach. I LOVE Cosmo Cricket paper!

DSC0164010_1

I did this one today! I came across some photos of Ronnie and I on one of our dates and decided to do a layout about how we met. I can’t believe it was ten years ago.

DSC016716_1

I also made a card today using up the last of my Cogsmo paper from Cosmo Cricket. I’ve been on a kick lately to use up some of my older supplies. I’ve also been on a punch rampage. I got two border punches for my birthday a month ago, and I think I’ve used them on every single layout since then.

DSC016733_1

My new blog design also makes me happy! My friend Nancy showed me a link to Shabby Blogs, and I was hooked. I played off and on all day Friday to get the blog the way I wanted it. I think it turned out super cute. What do you think?

Mother’s Day is tomorrow, and my children brought home super cute presents from school. Alexis’ class made pens with artificial flowers. She chose a sunflower for me, and used floral tape to attach it to the pen all by herself. I thought it was so sweet that she remembered that I liked sunflowers. She also wrote me an adorable letter...

“I love you mom you are the best. You are so nice to me all the time. I know that you are the best because you love me alot. I love you mom! You do what I want all the time mommy. Love Alexis”

Isn’t that sweet?! It totally made me smile! Jordan brought me a marigold in a painted flower pot. She insisted that I take a photo of it, and it’s a good thing she did because I didn’t take any other photos this week to share in my blog post. See the rocks in the pot? The child is absolutely fascinated with rocks. She picks them up everywhere she goes. I figured I’d start putting them in the flower pot to keep them together. Maybe she’ll be a geologist?

DSC01625

Ronnie gave me some money and told me to go scrappy shopping, and that’s always a good thing! (Another border punch for me… Yay!) He also washed both vehicles, cut the grass, and barbequed dinner tonight. Definitely all things that make me happy! Alexis is planning to make me breakfast in bed, so while I was at the grocery store earlier I bought bagels. I thought that would be something easy they could do. I tried to convince them that the best present would be letting me sleep in, but I don’t think they are going to go for that.

I’m wishing everyone else a very Happy Mother’s Day! Especially my Mom, and my Grandma!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

The new blog look is super cute!!! I love Lexie's letter!! She is just so sweet!! Jordan's pot and flower is so cute!! She did a wonderful job!! I love all the LO's!! But, you already know that, right? ;) I hope you have a great Mother's Day, and the kids let you sleep in just alittle!!

AMKrogsgaard said...

happy mothers day to you too! btw- i love your blog layout, too. Super duper cute!

Julie W said...

I LOVE the new look, Heather!! And your pages are adorable and inspiring, as always. :)

Elizabeth said...

Happy Mother's Day, if your lucky you're still asleep this morning, lol, right!

To cute that your Zoo Stub says "No Refunds or Rainchecks". Sort of like life, had you missed that date there wouldn't be a raincheck and there's certainly no refund.

Leah. said...

Loving the new blog, it's so cute!!!! Gorgeous scrapping too!

Happy Mother's Day to YOU!

Agnes said...

First things first: I L*O*V*E the new design, it's so pretty!

Your babies rock, Heather :-D Happy Mothers Day, Miracles Momma.

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

You know I so love the new blog design, and all the layouts, and Alexis' letter is super cute...the painted pot adorable. Hope you got to sleep in a little. Hugs.

Jules said...

Wow! I love your blog's new look. It is so cool to be in and so enjoyable to drop by. =D Nice photos you have there. Thanks for sharing. =D

Jules
Soloden.Com
The Brown Mestizo

kim said...

oh I love that background. I was going to use that one too a few months ago but then I got tired, feel asleep and forgot to go back and get it...lol. I need a new design now anyway and I need to look around again. But I love owls for some reason...they are cute.

JadeCook said...

I love your, how we met, LO. I hope to go to the Audubon zoo when I come to town for the summer