Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer Time Again

I haven’t been blogging as much lately because I’ve been outside watching my kids do this…

DSC01807

And this…

Scrpped

And this too…

Sunny Days2

I have a love/hate relationship with Summer vacation. I love having my kids home. I love playing outside with them, sitting in the sunshine and listening to them giggle. I love the way they run up and hug me even though they are soaking wet, or sweaty. I adore the way they smell like sunscreen all day long.

I do not love pulling Jordan off of Alexis because they are fist fighting again. It’s like the WWE over here. I don’t love arguing with Alexis for the fiftieth time that she needs to do her Summer reading. I do not like cleaning grass filled swimming pools. I don’t like bugs, and I do NOT like dragging screaming kids inside the house when it’s time for them to come in. I just KNOW my neighbors think I’m killing them.

I haven’t even really been scrapbooking, which for me is a big deal. I’ve managed a layout here or there, but nothing near what I normally do. I think my mojo is taking a Summer vacation! (If anyone has seen it can you please send it back home? I need it!) I only have a few layouts to share.

TooCool20_1

Journaling: I think it is too cool that Paw Paw named his boat "Miss Love". Love has been Maw Maw's nickname since she was little. May 2010

Supplies: Connie Prince's May Daze Challenge Template, and Deena Rutter's Hotel California kit.

I edited the photos a bit to downplay the orange in the life buoy because it was too bright to work with the kit. I kinda like the softer look.

DSC018197_1

This one is kinda plain and simple, but I really wanted the focus on these photos. They are some of my favorites EVER of Bubba. I can't believe how quickly he's grown up. Sigh.

I finished the last of my GCD Lydia papers with this layout. It was totally inspired by Amy Hoang's layout on page 11 of the June 2010 issue of Scrapbooks Etc.

Journaling: At five months you are developing quite a cute personality! You make the most adorable faces, and your smiles melt my heart. Just when I think you can't get any cuter... You do! Brandon Landry Aug. 2007

DSC018157_1

You've heard of car jacking, right? Well... two of my kids tub jacked me a while back and I've only just got around to scrapping it.

Journaling: Evidence. I was in the tub relaxing when 2 heathens came in and stripped! They climbed in and tub jacked me! Ronnie laughed and grabbed the camera. (I edited myself out of the photo of course!)

I used GCD Studios Lydia line left over from our spotlight on GCD on the Ideas for Scrapbookers blog. The chipboard is Maya Road from my stash.

Well, that’s all for now! I do have another review and a sample/coupon giveaway coming up soon.

4 comments:

Nancy aka Homesclscrapper said...

so know what you mean about summer vacation. if only it was truly a vacation and everyone could get along. lol....love the new layouts.

Leah. said...

I get it. It's a vacation for the kids and a second or third job for us. Don't you just wish they could get along? LOL. Don't worry my neighbours probably assume we are killing our kids too!

You still completed more layouts than I did! LOL

Etips said...

Great blog. I can see why you haven't been blogging. That looks really fun.

I wanted to share these 10 free scrapbooking layouts that I found.

http://creek-corner.blogspot.com/2010/05/art-of-scrapbooking.html

Helen said...

fantastic ... be outside and enjoy Heather. And walk away from the disputes ... I should heed my own advice ;)